Prayer Requests Post your Prayer Requests here.

My kids

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My kids

My stepdaughter and her husband are a mess.
He knows more about cable tv than anyone I know of. He had a succesfull business that turned over 3 million in a year and half. Employees all over and riding high.

Meth entered the picture.

Now they have nothing. One vehicle left. Clothes. Thats it.
Vicki and I have been keeping the grandkids 5&7 for months now.

They need to get their lives back. And raise their own kids. I love those grandkids, and I know that there are plenty of Gparents raising kids now, but still, I want everything to be somewhat normal.

Thanks

Old 01-27-2007, 03:41 AM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: My kids

Mike,
Sorry I didn't read this sooner.
I'm not a real religious man,I do however keep people in my thoughts & yes prayers.
I will not pray,but will beg God to give your stepdaughter & her husband the strengh they need to battle this disease.
I can't imagine the toll it has taken on the kids as well as you & your wife.Mike the battle before for you is big,& I have no doubt you will take this head on.The strengh lies within you,& it is you who must not faulter.Mike it is you that these kids need to look up to & yes it is you that needs to make the decisions that need to be made.
In my opinion he needs to go,keep your stepdaughter close to you & let him go.I wish you nothing but success my friend & yes you & yours are close to my heart
Jim

Old 01-27-2007, 03:59 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hang in there, Mike. The trials given to us are never easy, but always for a reason. When I finally started to get my life right, I went to my mom and said "Mom, I am sorry for all of the time you wasted praying for me and worrying about me. " Her answer, "I didn't waste one second, all of that time has paid off tenfold." Love has no boundaries, whether it be a parent's love or God's. Yall are in my prayers and thoughts.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:43 AM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, I will add you and your family to my prayer list. God Bless you for taking care of the kids while the parents are going through this struggle.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:35 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope they can get into a program to kick that addiction. It is destroying not only their lives, but their kids', and even yours.

Old 01-30-2007, 04:30 AM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, I have been praying for your family since I became aware of the situation and will keep you in my prayers. I'd like to also thank you for being there for me a couple of weeks ago.
Jim, I'm not a reglious person either although I'm a Christian.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee

Mike,
Sorry I didn't read this sooner.
I'm not a real religious man,
I'm not either.
I'm a Christian (AKA - believer)

Old 02-10-2007, 11:08 AM
1sportytrike
Outstanding HDF Member

Sorry to hear this. That junk has destroyed so many lives. Hopefully they can find a way to right themselves before it is too late. Meanwhile take good care of those grandkids, they are the real victims in a situation like this and they are so precious. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Mikeeeeeeeeee

Update:

My stepdaughter has finally broken and is coming out of denial.
This is a critical phase, in which you realize that you are at fault instead of blaming everyone else.

Thank for the prayers

Old 02-21-2007, 03:32 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

God Bless them and you and may He deliver them out of their suffering. Out of great misery comes great joy. I too was badly addicted years ago and through the prayers of many (not mine) I was relieved. 17 years to be exact. I had a very successful business, loads of 'things' and not enough time to drink or smoke crack. I since gave my life to the Lord. I am not overly religious but I am a fanof Christ and what He can and does do. I will keep praying and I pray that you keep trusting Him to work a miracle in your kids lives. Miracles seem to happen less and less because of our unbelief, but He wants us ALL to be whole.

Love and Prayers,
Mike