Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:51 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

Lawsuit? what would be the basis? I dont like the sound my bike makes? There have been No breakdowns as to noise related issues, if nothing exists besides a sound It wont go far, but all that aside harley will have a fix soon but its not like they can pull it out of a hat, before they can repair the first customer bike they must isolate the problem come up with a sure fire fix and if it requires a new part have those made then test it on some clatter models to see if it works. We all paid a bunch for our bikes, we knew they have had issues on other models so we must have had faith in the company to buy them in the first place, it will just take a little more time.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:55 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its not your timing cover turning blue, its the pipe in front of its reflection, all harleys do it, all bare motorcycle pipes turn colors due to heat.
ORIGINAL: flashprez

You might be talking about me. I picked my bike back up from the dealer after an 18 day stay. They had pulled the primary and removed the compensator nut, relocktied and torqued the nut. That got rid of the rocks in a can noise. Now I can hear my lifter rattle and my 5th gear whine and watch my timing cover turn blue to match my pipes. Am I a happy camper?--- I don't think so, it's going back to the dealer tommorrow. Wish me GOOD LUCK

Old 10-10-2006, 10:59 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is no clattering bikes,ask the dealers or MoCo. Hope you dont get the noises,fed all the BS that goes w/it.The noise can be fought,but there is more issues with a better shot.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:03 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

These people just want their bikes fixed or told something is in the pipe line to do so.Most here bleed HD and now feel betrayed with the way they have been treated.Its been an endless circle,everyone plays dumb.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:06 PM
drod
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I finally got a shop manual, thank you Zanotti. I am ready to pull the primary cover myself. I am trying to get it pictured and a plan in my head before I get in there. Looking at the diagram in the shop manual it shows Rotor/Spring Cover Assembly but no spring. Does anyone know where the spring is or what it looks like? Seems like it would be in the shop manual. It seems like it should be behind the Sliding Cam.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:09 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Look at Gunrunners link a pg back or so,best pic so far.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:12 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

http://www.thunderpress.net/MONTH_AR...orheadMemo.pdf lwr r/h corner on page 2

Old 10-10-2006, 11:18 PM
drod
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I printed it, got it in front of me. But I can't find the spring in the article or shop manual. I believe it has got to be this spring is too weak. Another reason heat is a factor. The more heat the spring is losing tension. My bike is great will it is cold, but when it gets hot I get even hotter!

Thanks for the article gunrunner.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:25 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

page 6-18 of service manual,upper r/t corner,item #6 its inside small diameter like where arrow is pointing

Old 10-10-2006, 11:27 PM
fasthd06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey pit , good luck on your lawsuit ! I bet you will never have to work another day for the rest of your life . 2 FUNNY , YOUR THE REASON THIS COUNTRY IS SO F-ED UP ! Do us all a favor sell your h-d and go hang with the goldwing homos. You act like the bike is giving you all these problems, but what exactally is wrong ? a sound ? yes I would sue the heck out of them. You are really a crybaby!
end of story.
ORIGINAL: pittguy

There is no clattering bikes,ask the dealers or MoCo. Hope you dont get the noises,fed all the BS that goes w/it.The noise can be fought,but there is more issues with a better shot.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!