Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum > Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.
Sponsored by: Baker Drivetrain

P

Old 05-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Hang Around
Default .900 offset sprocket hits inner primary

I just got a .900 sprocket for my project and it hit the inner primary i thought that this was as big as you can run with out hitting do i need to grind the primary to make it fit or what it is hitting around the bearing housing any help would be great thanks in advance
Old 05-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Road Captain

If it's just hitting the ribs you should be safe removing a little material there. Leave a gap of at least .060 between the cace and sprocket to allow for heat expansion. If it looks like you are going to have to remove a lot on material then I would go to a .75 offset.
2011 RGU-TW222 cams, Jackpot HTC ceramic head pipe, Vision tuner with Auto Tune, Ohlins shocks, chromed forks with Race Tech springs and gold valves, LED headlight and tour pack light bar, +2 sweeper bars with heat demons, Air Horn, Tire Pressure Monitor system.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:18 PM

P

Tags
clutch, cover, forum, harley, head, iron, ironhead, offset, primary, rod, sale, sporster, sportster, sprocket, sprockets