Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

Primo Brute 3 vs. Stock Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Briano
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Primo Brute 3 vs. Stock Clutch

Hey folks,
I don't participate very often but I have a crucial question. Here's the dilemma:

I have a Rivera PRimo dry clutch (Brute III) on my 2000 FXD that was put on by the previous original owner. My local HD put a new seal in my clutch when I had a leak back in December. However since they did this I have had an occasional problem when downshifting. My clutch will not engage once and a while. I took it back to my local HD and they tried to find the problem but with no luck. They said they don't like the dry clutches and really don't know what to do. Well, the original owner who is a friend of mine came over and we pulled off the primary cover and took out the clutch plates and we discovered the problem. HD put the plates in reverse. The very first plate to be installed was the thick plate that was to go in the back yet they put it in LAST jacking up my plates and basket. If my local HD doesn't fess up to the problem I have too options: Replace the plates and basket at a cost of around 500-600 bucks or my friend (the original owner) has the stock clutch with all the parts and go from a bitchin Primo clutch to a wet stock (relatively new) clutch.

What are your guys views about goin back to the stock clutch or keeping the Primo?

Thanks for any wisdom you might have.

Briano

Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Well, if you have the $$$ fix it. Put the stocker in for now til you do. At least you can ride it. JMHO.