Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

Help needed identifying missing touring shifter parts!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 07:53 AM
wmubrent17
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed identifying missing touring shifter parts!

I recently bought a 2000 FLTRSEI and its my first real motorcycle!
I love it, but the previous owner has installed some aftermarket parts and I'm just trying to get back to stock.
I am not sure of the brand (they appear to be high dollar, as this guy did nothing but the best as far as custom parts) but I have a complete forward control footpeg setup that appears to be for a taller rider. Lol, I don't want to knock somebody changing out floorboards on a touring bike for footpeg a because I'm hoping I can get somebody to trade stock parts for this setup! (Still crazy)
The shifter side chrome plate has the shifter arm, splined pivot shaft, and linkage arm all attached. And I sure the linkage is custom as well because it is longer than what stock would have been.
I also have no engine guard and do have the highway bar eliminator mounted.
I have been buying up parts to convert this back but now I'm stuck...
I have floorboard brackets, shifter lever, floorboards, crash bar, and fairing mounts.
I don't know what to call a few parts that I need, or I'd like part numbers or better yet a diagram of the parts!
I need the shifter spline or pivot shaft, I need the arm that connects the linkage to the shaft and I'd also like to know what I need for brake lever parts!
Any help would be greatly appreciated, right now I have floorboard on the right mounted and footpeg on the left lol

Old 12-22-2012, 10:13 AM
95custmz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can find all OEM parts for your bike at this link:http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.....asp?make=hdmc