Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

Clutch Switch bypass

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 AM
rgm
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Switch bypass

Guys, need some help with my current project. Newer HD (2012) and installing a jockey shift with clutch pull on hand shifter. Moving perch (without sitches) to shifter handle. That said, the clutch switch is still in the switch cover on the handle bars. I need a way to by pass this switch????? Here are my options and need some advice if possible. Hopefully someone else has done this. I do want to also change from the stock switch boxes to clean up handle bars. i.e removing the left side switch control box all together, hence requiring the bypass of the switch.

Options:
1 - leave old controls on handlebars with switch intack, just not being used-last resort option
2 - move an aftermarket switch set up to jockey shift hand shifter where it will still be operational - not sure if this is even avialble.....
3 - bypass switch somehow by jumping it without causing other problems.
4 - can I just disconnect the wire ends from the switch, cap them off, or do I need to connect them i.e. move the switch under the tank somewhere, just never to be used.

Other guys have just connected them permanently but this causes the engine light to stay on and diag errors to occur. I would like to avoid this if possible....

Any assistance or ideas, either on my options or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. My older HD's didn't have this switch in them......

Thanks,

Robb