Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

maryland open primary law

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 PM
wdbikes
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maryland open primary law

i have checked out the maryland motorcycle inspection by laws and the maryland inspection checklist and have found no mention of any kind about an open primary law. would appreciate any input on this since i am looking to buy a bike from out of state with an open primary. thanks in advance.

wdbikes

Old 02-02-2013, 07:12 AM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would recommend calling or going to the local inspection motorcycle inspection station and ask them if they're legal or not. I can't imagine it not being legal, but it is MD so ya never know.

not a bike but a stupid md law none the less. many years ago when i was little tyke my grandfather wanted to buy a used Ply Superbird from WV and had put money down on it and made arrangements to pick it up when he got a temp tag. MD DMV wouldn't issue him one because the car didn't have a frt bumper.. that MD Auto Safety Code later got changed, but too late for my grandfather who had settled on a 65 Impala SS Convertible.. that superbird where ever it is, is worth some big bucks today..