Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

radium 240 kit on 07 night train help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 08:46 PM
jamminjimmi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radium 240 kit on 07 night train help

Building a bike for a friend and he got this non fitting radium taiwanese wide tire kit for it. My question is the starter spacer that came with it is for a 4 bolt starter and where in relation to the compensator does the compensator spacer go? Is the starter spacer even necessary? And does the comp spacer go on in front of the rotor or behind it? The instructions and fit of this kit really suck. Im thinking the spacer should go behind the rotor because the compensating sprocket isnt tight against the shaft extension when placed in front of it. Figured before I pull off the inner primary again to pull the rotor I'd ask here.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:55 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Originally Posted by jamminjimmi
Building a bike for a friend and he got this non fitting radium taiwanese wide tire kit for it. My question is the starter spacer that came with it is for a 4 bolt starter and where in relation to the compensator does the compensator spacer go? Is the starter spacer even necessary? And does the comp spacer go on in front of the rotor or behind it? The instructions and fit of this kit really suck. Im thinking the spacer should go behind the rotor because the compensating sprocket isnt tight against the shaft extension when placed in front of it. Figured before I pull off the inner primary again to pull the rotor I'd ask here.
The spacer should be for chain alignment, if you have a factory service manual just follow the procedure for chain alignment in the manual. It should go on the engine sprocket shaft just before the shaft extension.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:33 PM
jamminjimmi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark when I put it on that way the sprocket has 1/4" of play. Meaning when its on the high points of the compensator its up against the comp bolts washer but if you turn it and it comes off the high points on the comp sprocket then theres a 1/4" gap. It looks wrong to me because without the spacer the comp bolt and washer snug up against the compensator. Whats confusing is the radium instructions say to remove remove the rotor but give you no clue as to where the comp spacer goes. They do on the mainshaft spacer, I wish he had bought a better kit. Thats why I thought the spacer may go behind the rotor.