Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2003 RKC Drivetrain Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:56 PM
takiv
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 RKC Drivetrain Issue

On a recent ride my b03 RKC with ~105K miles developed some type of drivetrain issue. Bike just had no power to real wheel. At first I thought it was the belt, belt is fine. Trailered her home. Adjusted clutch, didn't help.

Pulled the clutch apart and checked friction plates and steels and they all are good. Put clutch together, adjusted and now I'm in the process of pulling the primary to see if I have an issue with clutch hub or pulley. I've run into a problem I've never had before.

I can not lock out the the clutch side of my primary. I use a flat bar wedged between clutch and compensating sprockets. I've gotten the compensator nut off, flipped my bar. When I rotate the shaft nut, with bike in gear rear wheel spins, with bike in neutral shaft spins, but the clutch sprocket doesn't lock down. I did notice a little side to side play in the clutch shell. Any thoughts ? Help? Advice, tips or tricks ? I've never had this happen before, Iv';e had to do this a few times over the past 12 years but never had a problem. Ive reread through my service manual a few times trying to see if I missed any thing.