Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

Clutch Not Disengaging after opening primary

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 10:03 PM
tonebone_79
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Clutch Not Disengaging after opening primary

I opened my primary a few weeks ago on my 2013 street bob to switch my foot controls. I wasnt in a big hurry to get this job done since my DL is currently suspended Anyways today when i finally got around to put it together it seems my clutch isnt disengaging to roll the bike in gear while holding clutch lever in. WHAT THE HELLS going on??? in neutral the bike rolls fine, the second its in gear it stops and sounds like the engine hicups!! what could it be? is my clutch adjustment way off? Another Possible Related issue is that I also noticed when i was puting the primary chain on with the clutch hub and compensator gear that the primary chain wasnt spinning as freely as i rembered when taking it apart..It spins a little but than tightens up and sounds like it hicups like trying to turn over the engine..Not sure what goes on, let me here some of your opinons on what i screwed up