Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Viking Bags

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 12:02 PM
tking08
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viking Bags

***Disclaimer - I have tried to work with Viking on a replacement, but their customer service just flat out sucks****

This is my 3rd purchase from Viking Bags. I have had great experiences the first two times, but this one was not so good.

After a few weeks, one of the bags developed a flat spot spot on it. These are curved on the top, so the shape is essential. The bags came with a claim that the tops were reinforced so they wouldn't sag. When I opened the bag I can see that the bag bubbled in and this caused the flat spot.

I originally sent pictures to Viking on 7/7/2015 and then again on 7/9/2015. They never responded and said that an email was sent to me requesting additional pictures. I never received the email and always check my spam before deleting it. Either way they requested "better" pictures. I sent these to them on 7/20/2015 and waited a few days before chatting with them again. At this point I was told that they did not receive the pictures and that I would need to re-send. After some digging by them they actually found the pictures and said they were being reviewed and I would have a response soon. I chatted with them the next day (7/23) and they said I would receive an email back within a few hours. No response ever came.

Fast forward to this morning. I chatted again and "Steven" said the following -

Me: I have still not heard back from you on claim 00060896. This has been going on since 7/7. The gentleman I spoke with on Thursday said that I would receive an email within a few hours and I never received anything.

Just a moment...

Steven: one second please
we see there was another case to which you sent more pictures yesterday. this is currently being reviewed. please stand by. once they are done you will be contacted either by email or phone call. the most recent case number is 00062511. and again, this is currently being worked on.

Me: I sent the pictures on 7/20
It has now been a week since the pictures were received
I have had nothing but great experiences with Viking on the other sets of bags I have purchased, I don't understand why it's taking so long.

Steven: you were asked to resend the picture due to bad quality. the most recent case we have with you is the new number i provided you, which you emailed pictures too yesterday. again, this is currently being looked at, once they either have a response from our factory or simply have a fix for this issue you will be getting contacted.

Me: That was last Monday I email the pictures 7/20/2015
I did not have any contact with Viking since last Thursday 7/23

Steven: once again, from what i see here, this case is currently being processed. please stand by. once everything is ready you will be contacted.
Me: When? Again, this has been ongoing since 7/7. On my calendar that equals almost 3 weeks.

Steven: i have given you all the information i have at this time. if you do not want to accept my answers, please feel free to respond to the emails for a direct response from our support team.

Me: Thanks for your help.

He keeps referring to yesterday as in "Sunday" and I haven't talked to them since last Thursday.

I am beyond frustrated with Viking Bags and felt I needed to vent. I'm not sure what the hold up is.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:04 PM
tking08
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pictures

Attached Thumbnails Viking Bags-20150625_201001.jpg   Viking Bags-20150720_134859.jpg