Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

HD Goretex Paclite rain gear.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,751 Likes on 766 Posts
Default HD Goretex Paclite rain gear.

I wrote a long review but the stupid server lost it, so this one will be more concise.

I wanted new rain gear, as my old HD suit was a bit small on me and I found it uncomfortable and binding at the shoulders and legs, and I would sweat buckets on hot rainy days, so I decided to give the HD Goretex gear a try. I got to test it out right away as the day after I received it, I had to ride over 250 miles in the rain, wind and cold.

The first thing I noticed when I got the gear was how light it was - about 1/2 the weight of my old suit, and how tightly it packs - about 2/3 of the space my old suit took up. Right away, I was happy.

During my ride, it performed perfectly. I stayed dry, and the suit kept the wind off me. It was really cold, so I still froze, but I believe I was able to go longer stretches thanks to the suit being windproof. It's also surprisingly comfortable to wear, being very light and not binding around my shoulders and legs.

A big test will be in the summer when I have to wear it on a hot, muggy rain day. If it breathes as advertised, I'll be super happy. The light weight will help regardless.

I also really like the styling and the large reflective bar and shield logo on the back.

I ordered the gear (jacket and pants are sold seperately, not as a suit) from Zanotti's, and I give them a big thumbs up for great price and service and SUPER fast shipping.

So in conclusion, based on my experience with the gear, I recommend it, and would buy it again. I'll update this review in the summer after I've had the chance to use it on a hot/humid day.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Pooh AKA Bear
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD Goretex Paclite rain gear.

Hey Clammy! I am in the process of figuring out which rain gear to buy and was in a dealer the other day and tried on one of the Gore-Tex models you described. Very light and comfy. I would like to know how yours has faired over the past year. Would you purchase again? They do seem to be pricey compared to the HD packable that includes the pants. How are they on those muggy, summer days in a downpour? I am planning on a couple long trips this summer and need to pack some type of rain gear. Thanks for your help!!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,751 Likes on 766 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pooh AKA Bear

Hey Clammy! I am in the process of figuring out which rain gear to buy and was in a dealer the other day and tried on one of the Gore-Tex models you described. Very light and comfy. I would like to know how yours has faired over the past year. Would you purchase again? They do seem to be pricey compared to the HD packable that includes the pants. How are they on those muggy, summer days in a downpour? I am planning on a couple long trips this summer and need to pack some type of rain gear. Thanks for your help!!
They have performed flawlessly. I had to use them more than a few times in some pretty big downpours, last season, and they kept me dry and comfy. On hot/humid rainy days, I didn't sweat nearly as much as I used to with my old set, so I give them high marks in the "breathability" department.

I would definitely buy this gear again.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Pooh AKA Bear
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, the set is on my wish-list!!