Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Rutledge Rain Suit - the best!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 06:28 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
Thumbs up Rutledge Rain Suit - the best!

I bought this suit shortly after taking delivery of my '15 Limited.

It is excellent in every way. GREAT for cold weather riding with several light, breathable layers underneath, which is the main reason I bought it. I'm not into riding in the rain if I can possibly help it, but for you habitual "rain-riders" out there, it's totally water-PROOF (not "water-resistant") and also completely wind proof, yet incredibly breathable.

The stow-away hood is said to fit under a helmet just fine, for those of you who wear one. I don't, so I can't say one way or another about that.

The ONLY other similar product that I know of with this kind of performance is Showers Pass Rain Gear out of Oregon, and it's not suitable for motorcycles because of the melts-on-the-pipes-factor.

The Rutledge suit has this issue covered with highly heat-resistant fabric where needed. Otherwise, it's exactly the same quality and performance (highest possible) as the Showers Pass gear.

Pricey? Hell yes! Worth every cent? Absolutely (IMO)!

They run large for the stated sizing to give plenty of room for the clothing underneath. I recommend finding a store that has them in stock and trying it on before purchasing to avoid the hassle of returning one to a web store because of sizing problems.

My very highest recommendation for this product!

Old 11-08-2015, 06:37 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

No question that quality costs...I have a overpass and another HD hi viz and they are worth the money....I saw the Rutledge and thought it was nice yesterday at a Dealer.