Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

GEARS heated clothing AWESOME....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Default GEARS heated clothing AWESOME....

There are some things in life you put off buying simply because they seem too expensive to justify, then once you finally do pay up, you realize why thefark did I wait so long and suffer before buying this stuff ???? !!!!

Such is the case with my new GEARS heated vest and gloves. First off heated clothing ain't cheap. I am into the vest and gloves for $260. But now after a few coldday rides,I am OVER the cost!!!

The GEARS stuff is just amazing at how efficient the heat is displaced throughout your body. The vest keeps your"core" body warm, which basically keeps the rest of my legs and head warm as well. Thegloves are equally as impressive. I am a total puss in colder temps..... the firstissue for me that turns a ride miserable is cold numbing fingertips..... Gone is this issue with heated gloves. I can now easily ride all day down the highway on acold upper 30'sF temp day...... (windshield of course). The quality of the components are top quality, as is all the SAE type quick connectors. Getting yourself dressed with heated gear takes a bit of patients andpractice, but once you find a good method, it's fairly easy......
The one issue I wish was a little better was the inner liner on the vest. I would have liked it to be a tad thicker and comfortable. With my leather jacket on, Ican somewhat feel all the inner heating elements. I can also feel the electrical connectors pressing into my shoulder blades. It's not a big deal, but I just thought I would pass comment....

I would ratethe GEARS heated clothing 8.5 out of 10 on the "list". So if you ride in the cold, and get cold, get some heated gear, you will wonder why you didn't buy this stuff years ago....

Heres a link: http://gearscanada.com/motorcycle-he...cessories.html