Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Corbin vs. Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 07:42 PM
chmitc@aol.com
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Corbin vs. Mustang

Riding Corbins for over ten years and over 80,000 miles on three different Harleys. Bought 2008 FLHX and rode it to Hollister to have solo seat built. Added backrest. Not very comfortable on ride back to Sacramento but I figured I would give it a while. 3,000 miles later and I am in the Black Hills for the Sturgis Rally - I didn't have a good ride there, with the Corbin that is... backrest never fit quite right, seat was uncomfortable and most of all... the configuration cause my jeans to constantly slide up to a bad position. Sat on the Mustang solo w'backrest and decided to try it. Rode it 1,300 miles home from the Black Hills and it worked great. Backkrest adjusts with you, seat has more gel and material holds your jeans in place so they don't slide up around your.....neck. Also, Corbins used to be made of heavier, better looking leather and backrest were wrapped in leather all the way around. I think they are making them cheaper and am sad to say goodbye after so many years.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:27 PM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

We stopped in Daytona at the Corbin Show room to get the wife fitted for her low rider. did not have a good experience with them. went to the Mustang tent and they could not do enough for us. They were sold out of the seat that fit her.But had 1 on display for her to try out.Shipped it to our house FREE of charge. Installed the extra stuff that she would need when the seat was shipped. She loves the seat. We will buy from them again

Old 08-16-2009, 10:44 PM
cmiller1014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This discussion is helpful as I am currently in the market for a seat for my 2010 wide glide. I really want a backrest and the corbis was looking pretty sweet. Good to know though! Look forward to more discussion.

Thanks!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:44 PM
92FXSTS
Novice

I went with a Mustang seat w/backrest for my bike and I couldn't be happier. I don't think my rides would be very long without the backrest and the people at Mustang could not have been more helpful.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:42 PM
jc7
Novice

has anyone tried gel seat addons or air filled addons?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
rangersd
6th Gear

I put a Mustang seat with backrest on my 2007 Deluxe As soon as I got the bike home. Couldn't be happier. My husband rode my bike once and had me order the Mustang seat for his deuce. My 1999 FXR 2 had a corbin seat on it when I got it. It didn't stay on long.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:32 AM
chmitc@aol.com
Advanced
Default gel add-ons

I bought a gel add on during a long trip... definitely comfortable but rose me another inch off the ground. Otherwise I would recommend them.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Getting a Mustang was the second best thing I did to turn my Road King into an all-day cruiser. I couldn't be happier.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:01 AM
phattey
Cruiser

For 2 up I bought the Mustang Sport Touring for our '09 flhx. Same seat I had on my '05 SEEG and it is a great seat. Moves you a little more forward but less wide than most in the thighs to allow you to sit a little more flat footed at rest. Plus, it has a little lower back support.

For solo I throw on my C&C Fastback. Mustangs support is like nothing I've seen. They are great to deal with and will do just about anything to ensure you're happy.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:30 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,804 Likes on 2,123 Posts

I've had both brands on 2 different bikes and prefer Corbins for the long haul.Both had backrests and neither brand fit me right.The Mustangs while initially comfortable didn't take 200 miles or so to bother the nuggets.Too soft and retained the shape of my butt instead of supporting it.The fast gunfighter,(Corbin) solo has more than enough rise to support my bad back without the pad.The gunfighter and lady I use for 2 up riding does the same.I got excellent service from both places.The Daytona Corbin people went out of their way with 2 different seats to reshape them to my liking.Corbin has been going thru some hard times lately and that has probably hurt them in the customer service dept the one place that it shouldn't.
With all that being said until you sit in the seat of your choice it's hard to tell from anyone's feedback as to how they will fit you.G.

Quick Reply: Corbin vs. Mustang