Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Wesco Custom Fit Boots

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:16 PM
seerich33
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Westco Boots

Just pulled the trigger today on a pair of custom Morrison boots from Westco. So excited about getting them, I paid the extra $125.00 to have them rushed. Right now they're offering a $70.00 off until the end of Sept. all in I paid $850.00 and they'll take 6 weeks to make and ship.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

My Wesco custom boots! 15 EEEE 10 inch tall. A hard break in but well worth it!

Attached Thumbnails Wesco Custom Fit Boots-wesco-boots.jpg  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 PM
marshalleugene
Cruiser

I just received my Wesco Boss Boots today. They fit like a tight glove right out of the box..It took 13 weeks from when I ordered them to arrive, but they are a 1st class boot. I'll spend the next two weeks breaking in these boots, but next to the Harley boots I bought last year "no comparison in terms of quality and workmanship" Wesco Boots Rock!!

Old 07-01-2013, 03:30 PM
JimboR
1st Gear

I own a custom pair of Wesco Boss boots in16" length that I wear everyday! They are as comfortable as slippers! I just ordered a custom pair to wear as Santa Claus! I will never buy another brand of boots.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:41 PM
doc ock
Road Master

Not to bring up threads from the grave but why start a new one on boots. I just heard about Wesco boots from my wife. She told me she will buy me a pair for Christmas. I looked up reviews and HD forums was the first page to come up. Everyone loves their boots so I guess you can't beat what hard riders say about a product. When I get them in I will be sure to post my thoughts here. I'm going for the full custom fit, I have an injury to one foot. Will get the Boss with zippers. Would be nice if they could do a holster for a small piston, I just might have to ask.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

I know a guy that had a pouch for his gerber multi-tool sewed in his wescos. Wish I'd have thought of it myself. Guess I still could.

Have someone else take your measurements, do it several times. Your foot changes shape when you bend over.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:05 PM
Sportster-Knee
Intermediate

Well it's an old thread, but again, why start a new one.

I'm in the same boat here too, finally had it with buying POS off the shelf boots that come apart in 1 year, or 6-months, or 3 F'ING WEEKS (or DAYS) like this last pair (Georgia G9380 Loggers).

I've done several pairs of Danners that were pretty good til they went to Chi-wan'istan. Then Georgia Boots, I thought they were made by God himself (the first 2 pairs) but they went overseas too and went to hell. Then Redwings, same damn thing with them too...

The last time I bought a new pair I swore I was going to get a pair of custom made American boots when they were done, and they are. Though I really didn't think it was going to be this damn quick.
I'd bought a pair of American made Georgia's (older ones from egay) and killed them finally after 1 re-sole. So I grabbed another pair of the same model (but the new chi-wanee ones) and the damn soles started peeling off within 3 DAYS. 3 F'ING DAYS!!!

I've got about 30-40 3/4"tack nails holding them on now with some tire vulcanizing cement, which was actually working quite well, til this morning. Riipppp... There went the lining inside while i was pulling them on to go to work. Sonofabitchhell!

I'm on the fence about which model Wesco's to go with. I've always loved slip-on type boots (wore cowboy boots til I was 20 years old, every day) but the past 15-20 years I've gotten used to steel-toed logger type boots. 8" lace-up with 200-400g Thinsulate.

I wear them year round and ride year round in Alaska.

I love certain features of the Logger type boot, like:

- Steel toe
- Logger (tall) heel
- Lining/insulation
- Ankle support

And one VERY important thing, they DON'T EAT SOCKS when laced up tight. I HATE when a boot sucks your socks down after the first 20 steps you take when you put them on.

I'd like to go back to slip-on boots like the Boss because I see I can get them with most of the options/features I mentioned, but wondering if getting them in a certain height will help with the sock eating issue? Anyone have input on this?

If there's no known fix for this (though I'm sure there must be. I'll likely call them Tuesday and ask about it) then I'll likely go with the Jobmaster Boots instead.

But the main reason I got away from wearing slip-on boots 20 years ago was when I became a lineman I needed the features of a Lineman's/Logger's boot.
Now days I own a scooter shop and all I do is stand/walk/ride in them, so I'd like to go back to a slip-on boot and the Boss looks like a better boot for my life now.

Also wondering, would anyone with Boss' say that they offer much in the way of ankle support? I realize that there's no real comparison to a lace-up type boot for ankle support, but compared to other (loose fitting) slip-on type boots are the Boss' an improvement?
I've heard several say that their Boss' were a "nice tight fit" and was hoping they'd have some improvement to offer over your traditional HH or Red-Wing Engineer boots or similar.

I'm sure it's going to be quite different to go from a Logger boot to an Engineer type boot in that regard, just hoping they won't be flippy like cowboy boots or something like that. I kickstart bikes regularly and a couple of my bikes are kick-only.

I'd buy both, but that's a lotta jack for a self-employed scooter tramp like me now days... I want these to be the last pair of boots I ever buy, and I'm sure if I choose right they will be.

What's your experience been with your Wesco's?