Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Wesco Custom Fit Boots

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Wesco Custom Fit Boots

I finally decided that I couldn't live with buying sh!tty boots all the time. Nowhere made the boots that I wanted, and made them well. I don't know if I am just super-picky when it comes to footwear or what, but I have owned a ton of brands of boots and never been satisfied (Milwaukee, Danner, Wolverine, Harley, Red Wing, Doc Marten's, etc etc etc). So I decided to break the bank and order myself a pair of Wesco custom made boots. From Wesco, you can buy their in-stock boots or custom build a pair of boots. If you are building a pair of boots, you have the option of also getting them made to your exact foot size with a custom fitted form for an extra $95.

I got the Boss boots with these options:
+Single-Tone:Black Fire
+11" Height
+Cambrelle with Kevlar Lining
+#100R VibramŽ Sole
+Standard Heel Height
+Pull Straps
+Harness Straps
+Nickel Plated Rings
+Composite Toes
+Lightweight Black Upper Stitching
+Black Kevlar Outsole Stitching
+Left Boot Shift Patch
+Right Inside Knife Pocket
+Left Inside Credit Card Pocket

Here are what they look like--

I will say that I have only had them for a few days now, but they are worth every damn penny. They fit perfectly, and are exactly what I want. They are pretty damn hard to break in because they are so tight to your feet, and the leather is really thick. However, I could not be happier. I would happily pay double, as these are the last boots I will ever buy.

So, if anyone wants to buy the best boots you will ever own get these. The price might make you choke, but considering how much I have spent on boots in the past that don't last me 6 mos these are a steal.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:45 AM
DMas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If ya don't mind me askin' how much did they set ya back all in? I've had the same problem, spending bucks every 6 mos for crap boots.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DMas
If ya don't mind me askin' how much did they set ya back all in? I've had the same problem, spending bucks every 6 mos for crap boots.
All told I think it was just over $800. Seems like a lot. But my thinking was I was buying $150 boots every 6 months. So as long as these last more than 2 years, I brake even. And these will last much longer than 2 years. Plus they will take them back for repairs if I ever need them. They will completely rebuild the boot for about half-cost.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Moonrunner
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a hard to fit foot (size 13 B) so I bought a set of WESCOs custom fit for $450.00 back in early 2004. I wear them for probably 80% of my riding time and they have been through snow, rain, sleet and 114 degree heat. A lot of rain and too darned much snow to be sane. Figuring just the 80% I'd say well over 100,000 riding miles and they still look good and are more comfortable than ever. Soles and heels still plenty good and leak proof unless your standing in a puddle up to your calves. All I've ever used to clean them is saddle soap and I have oiled them regularly with Montana Pitch Blend oil and the same brand waterproofing paste. IMO these boots are worth every penny!

Old 09-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Moonrunner
I have a hard to fit foot (size 13 B) so I bought a set of WESCOs custom fit for $450.00 back in early 2004. I wear them for probably 80% of my riding time and they have been through snow, rain, sleet and 114 degree heat. A lot of rain and too darned much snow to be sane. Figuring just the 80% I'd say well over 100,000 riding miles and they still look good and are more comfortable than ever. Soles and heels still plenty good and leak proof unless your standing in a puddle up to your calves. All I've ever used to clean them is saddle soap and I have oiled them regularly with Montana Pitch Blend oil and the same brand waterproofing paste. IMO these boots are worth every penny!
Glad to hear you love them too. Which style did you get?

Old 09-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Moonrunner
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think they had all the different styles and options in 2004, but I think they were called the Boss back then too. They just have a single buckle strap across the top of the foot and at the top of the shaft. I find them to be excellent boots though.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:28 PM
bpete
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, those are nice looking boots. After much reading here on this forum and elsewhere, I ordered a pair of custom Wesco Boss boots. Pretty much for the same reason you stated, to avoid buying pair after pair. I hope that it works, these things are not cheap. But I'm planning on these to be my only boots. The Wesco reviews are top-notch, so I'm optimistic. A major factor: MADE IN THE U.S.A. I've been happy thus far with Wesco's responsiveness, but the big test will be the boots, which they say will be ready in three months time. I'm looking forward to getting them, but even more so to using them when I get my bike next spring. Take care.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:17 AM
notrailers
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine for 6 years. It took a while to break in, but I love them!

Old 10-24-2010, 03:26 AM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I originally planned on stopping by Wesco's Scappoose factory / showroom on a ride my wife and I had planned but the ride did not happen... Just happened to find their booth at Sturgis and got my boots ordered...

If you order you Wesco boots at Sturgis you can get custom fit boots at off the shelf prices.... They measure you for free... My boots will be here Monday... I'm like a little kid in a candy store waiting for my boots... Oh and they added a knife pocket for free... Plus I got a tee shirt...

Last edited by 2002flstc; 10-24-2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:00 PM
bzxgdk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wesco boots

I like the boots you have ... only problem is I shattered my ankle 10 years ago (ladder accident) and can not bend my foot down to slip inside boot... I wonder if they make them with zippers on side ... Hate doing that but that is only way I could wear the slide on boots .... otherwise I will go with their tie boots... they look good as well. Will be ordering them this week ... my birthday present.

Quick Reply: Wesco Custom Fit Boots