Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

BEWARE!! EZ-UP FAILS and NO WARRANTY offered...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Glofish88
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry BEWARE!! EZ-UP FAILS and NO WARRANTY offered...

I was so happy to have recieved the EZ-UP centerstand last Summer (2010) and install it so effortlessly on my 2009 FLTCHU. I loved it....worked great and enjoyed how it looked, too...

THAT IS UNTIL IT FAILED. But, alas, according to their website the unit is covered under a "lifetime warranty". Awsome, right? Well....not so my friends, not so. Read on;

I called and spoke to the owner and president of WHEELDOCK, Rod and we talked about what had happened. He seemed, at the time, truley interested in correcting the problem and told me how it would go down. The unit was packed up and sent to Rod for a warranty repair/replacement.

Now here comes the bad news part....I got a call from him today saying the centerstand had been "abused" and that it would cost an additional $50 dollars plus shipping costs.
ABUSED!??? How can a centerstand be abused??? You step on it and lift the rear of the bike up and there you go. Right?

I am totally dumbfounded and can not for the life of me see how a lever/arm failing (BREAKING AT WELD) by simply attempting to raise the bike, as has been done over and over again through out its short life, can be pointed at me and labled as abuse!!

From the owner of WHEELDOCK's perspective, he says I must have done something to cause the failure of his "over engineered" part. I can assure that absolutely nothing happened to that stand other than what it was designed to do....step and lift.

How can that be considered, even remotely, an issue of abuse? I tryed to understand his point of view, asked him over and over how this could be.
It doesn't make any sence. The stand was not abused.

I am not happy with the diagnosis and place the fault with the product and manufacturer 100%. This is a warranty/customer service issue and as such I can only now be a dis-satisfied customer.

Seems to me that the only thing Rod is interested in is selling you his product. He will find any excuse and site all kinds of engineering "facts" to support his claim. I honestly believe that there was never any intention to stand behind his product and honor the claimed "offered" warranty what so ever.

So.....beware.

Beware of WHEELDOCK, especially their EZ-UP centerstands failing due to NORMAL use. Because there really is nothing that can be done to "abuse" a center stand by trying to use it as intended.

Rod, your product failed and you would not honor your warranty, sir.

I think that is a load of crap and I am VERY disappointed in you.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Glofish88
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, you may note from my signiture that I have DECADES of using a center stand. They come as standard equipment on BMW motorcycles. So to imply that I don not know how to use one or that I may have used it incorrectly is just plain BS.

Rod is simply effing me over by not honoring the "lifetime warranty".

Old 03-22-2011, 07:06 AM
campdreamer47
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sounds like this info needs to get out there so no one else goes throught what you di

Good you posted this here. Now maybe people will be asking more questions before buying from this guy and maybe some won't after finding this out. Hope you get some satisfaction from Rob in the end.

Glad there is a place for bad dealers on the forum...you may even want to post this else where.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Book-it
Cruiser

I think the problem has been resolved......Rob did the right thing it's over.

now lets move on.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:07 AM
campdreamer47
Tourer
Default Will okay then...sorry if I started something.

Just trying to help a fellow Forum Member out. I have moved on.

Originally Posted by Book-it
I think the problem has been resolved......Rob did the right thing it's over.

now lets move on.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:01 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

You were suppose to put it on and not use it anyone knows it would not hold up to 800 pounds of motorcycle.