Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

CHIPPEWA 11" ENGINEER BOOT (97863)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 11:01 AM
forvols
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHIPPEWA 11" ENGINEER BOOT (97863)

I bought these boots from ZAPPOS on TUE boots arrived on WED (1day shipping free). ZAPPOS was great. I was very tentative about ordering boots from the internet. But Zappos has a great return policy and 24 hour help.

MEASURE YOUR FEET - dont go on what you think will fit or on what your other shoes/boot sizes are. If I had not done this I would have gotten boots that were to wide.

The boots are soft toe, 11" enginneer with no side zipper or lining in the shaft. Foot is lined. Out of the box boots were execellent workmanship and quality leather. SIZE - Length feels true to size but width feels a little narrower that standard(size 12 - D width). For me the left was snug the right boot was fine. But I have been wearing them with 2 socks and they have conformed to my feet very well. I have woren them everyday since wed at least 8hours a day. Walking, Chirstmas shopping, ridingetc. Not much feet fatigueand nopain at the end of the the day. The boots get more and more comfortable each day(remeber this is a leather riding boot not house slippers). Sole does not have the heavy lugs, but is a non slip type. The biggest(only) complaint I have is they are a mother to get on. Shaft is not lined so your feet dont slide in very easily. But that has gotten better with wearing also. So there is a break in period with these boots.

Would I buy them again - ABSOLUTELY , Looks, quality, price(so-so) material and workmanship all ++ .Chippewa is also a fully made in the USA boot(found out after this post not ALL Chippewa boots are USA made, luckily this model is). I would also fully recommend ZAPPOs for online purchase.

Tony

Old 12-28-2006, 09:03 AM
forvols
Advanced
Default RE: CHIPPEWA 11" ENGINEER BOOT (97863)

I have continue to wear these boots everyday. They do get more comfortable and better fitting. Good lookin boot too. The boots did not havea cushioned insole. I think I will buy some and try that. Biggest complaint is getting them on, but that progressively gets easier. I would recommend these boots without reservation.

Note: I thought ALL Chippewa boots are made in the USA. This model is. BUT not all Chippewa boot models are fully made in the USA. So if that is important to you read the fine print when you are looking for boots.

Tony

Old 12-30-2006, 01:38 AM
mrgrinch
Advanced

ORIGINAL: forvols

MEASURE YOUR FEET - dont go on what you think will fit or on what your other shoes/boot sizes are. If I had not done this I would have gotten boots that were to wide.
Was there a sizing chart on the Chippewa website. I couldn't find anything.

Old 12-30-2006, 09:35 PM
forvols
Advanced

I did not see a sizing chart specifically for Chippewa. I just measured and used a size table from Zappos. It worked out good. Boots are definitely breaking in very nicely. Still no foot pain. I wear these boots everyday (not work) as my running around all purpose shoe. I dig em.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:48 PM
forvols
Advanced

Well its been about 8 months since I got these boots. I ended up having them stretched (I should have ordered a wider size) to support adding a padded insole. Still I love the boots. Great look, great craftmanship. Ride in em all the time. Like them so much I also bought a pair of Chippewa harness boots. ANOTHER great pair of boots from Chippewa (but this time I ordered a size wider) and they are lined.
No complaints with the Harness boots.

Still have the same complaint with the engineer boots (only complaint) they dont just slide on. I believe that is due to not being lined. Both boots are very comfortable, but I did add padded insoles to each.

I would recommend either without reservation - last review comments from me on these boots.

Tony