Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Best goggles/sunglasses for contact lens wearers??

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 11:41 PM
theoldguy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best goggles/sunglasses for contact lens wearers??

I've had the old OLD hard plastic contacts, (same pair for over 20 yrs) I just wear a 3/4 helmet with face shield and a pr of regular sunglasses. Sometimes I get a bit of something in my eye, but just pull over and hope it washes out. Tried a bunch of different goggles that are supposed to stop the wind, but guess just the shape of my face doesn't make them work too well. Put a couple eyedrops in each eye every time I stop for gas or something, guess it's gotten to the point where it doesn't bother me much anymore. Been thinkin about Lasik tho, maybe it'll help me see better and improve my pool game... LOL

Old 06-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Agent Orange
Cruiser

Get the wiley x with the foam eye seals..the climate control series.I wear the RGP contacts that are dirt magnets and dry out fast...the best my eyes feel is when I'm riding with the wiley's.I've got two pair..the brick in the light ajusting(they dont) lenses,and a pair of JP-2 with the ice blue(very dark) lenses...love em.Scott

Old 08-01-2007, 12:05 AM
willett58
Cruiser

Try cocoonseyewear.com these are a nice item and inexpensive and offer good wind protection for us eyeglass wearers.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:14 AM
Megalomania
Cruiser

I wearrigid lenses and any dirt whatsoever is a killer.

I just switched from WileyX JP-2 to Panoptix Diablo (also bought theHigh Noon insert).The Wiley Xs had to be really tight against my face to keep the dirt out and when I would look left or right to clear the lane before switching, I would invariably get dirt in my eye.

With the Diablo, I don't even need the strap. They fit perfect just by setting them on my face. They also do much better in the rain than the Wiley Xs and they have a larger lens.

IMO, the Diablos are worth the extra money - much better than the JP2s.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:57 PM
2swild
Tourer

I wear contacts all of the time and I found the Wiley X Blinck models with foam inserts to work very very well. The model I got is photochromic so I do not have to worry about changing lenses from day to night. It is truley amazing how they change. I also wear the strap around the back of my hat to keep it on at high speeds. Try on all of the different Wiley models before you make a decision because they are all shaped differently for different faces and heads.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:57 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just wear the cheap I-gogs from gas stations, truck stops, and other random places, never more than $20 on a pair of shades. The key is getting some that fit your head shape. I have gotten a few pair that just seem to direct the wind up under the nose piece though.

The best pair of shades I ever had were from a booth at sturgis in 1998. I still have the yellow ones but unfortunately I sat on the dark ones. I spent $40 on those. I can't see spending around $100 for a pair of glasses I end up losing or breaking anyway.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
GrampsWyatt
Cruiser

Try looking at ESS. I have the advancer and love them. Vented and no fog up.

http://www.essgoggles.com/index.html

Old 08-18-2007, 10:33 PM
JR Indy
6th Gear

I bought a pair of panoptx on e-bay, it was the discontinued Chinook model. Very happy with them, but not sure I would have paid full price. I wear contacts too, and previously suffered from dry, itchy eyes after a long ride. The panoptix seem to do better at keeping the wind out with the eye-cup.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Barebackjack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been wearing soft contacs since 1979. My I doc says I am not a good candidate for Lasik because of severe stigmatism in both eyes.I wear a pair of Gator wraparounds with a half helmet and when there is a strong crosswind, Wiley X SG -1. Cheap glasses or goggles that allow too much UV rays in can also dry out your eyes link the wind does.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:47 PM
thall
Road Master

I have both the wiley-x and the panoptyx you'll be happier with the wiley-x

Quick Reply: Best goggles/sunglasses for contact lens wearers??