Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Namz wiring extensions

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 04:40 PM
sixshooter
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Namz wiring extensions

This is more or a company/customer service review per my recent experience ordering extensions for my '14 SGS. On the namz website, the extensions are noted "All NAMZ harnesses are built with American Made wiring and terminated & fabricated in our Pennsylvania Warehouse, 5-days a week" which led me to believe worst case scenario, they'd have to make mine when I order them. Ok, so a few days to make them, few days to ship them (PA to NY). I ordered my extensions Friday, April 4th, paid through paypal. Got my receipt emailed to me that day. Tuesday, April 8th, I get my "your package has shipped" email. Awesome. I immediately check the tracking number online, says 2 day shipping, package is still in "pre-shipment" status. Wednesday, Thursday go by, no extensions. Check the tracking number online, still listed as "pre-shipment" status. So I emailed Namz Thursday night. Friday they replied; "I'm sorry, the shipping label gets emailed as soon as the order goes through weather it actually ships or not. Your order wasn't available to ship until today (Friday, April 11.)". Great, so Monday April 14 should be here. I called Friday night and was told my order required back ordered parts, that's why it was delayed. Monday (today) comes, checked the tracking number in the morning and it's still listed as "pre-shipment" with no shipping info. I email again asking if my package went out Friday. The reply is "yes, I'm positive your package went out Friday. Email me your tracking number and I'll check with our post office" and I did. Monday mail time comes, gf texts me and says no extensions came. Around 2:30 pm I get online and check the tracking number, my package was sent out at 12:33 pm today, April 14, and won't be here until April 16. So 1) they never notified me of any back order/delays until I started asking. 2) I was lied to about my package going out Friday. 3) I was notified my package shipped when it didn't actually ship.

Now the lady in customer service was polite, apologetic, and listened to me rant. I was polite, even tho I was pissed. She told me to personally go to her for anything I need in the future. However, I don't plan on being a return customer after this. If they'd have notified me at the time of purchase that my parts were back ordered and it would me 1.5-2 weeks, I'd have either not taken the bike apart and waited to do my bars, or gone elsewhere for extensions. So if you're considering using this company, call ahead and ask anout availability. Although their website makes it sound like all their products are constantly stocked/built, they may not be.

Sorry if there's actually a "company reviews" sub forum or thread, if there is, mods please move accordingly.