Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Anvil Customs

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Indy Road Dog
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anvil Customs

One of the most disappointing customer experiences I've ever had. The company website described their product as having a 22" chainmaille chain. When received, it was only 18.5" long. I called company and was told the clasp is part of the measurement. To be fair, we did discuss returning it and for another $40 he would extend the actual chain to 24". With the chain already being $140, I felt like they should have made it right without hi-jacking me for another $40. I told him their website states "All custom chainmaille chains are 22” long" and that the clasp is not part of, or, made of chainmaille, he argued that the clasp was part of it. At that point, I was a little fed up with his selfish approach and complete lack of concern for me, his customer. I told him I just wanted to return it and get my money back. He said they don't do, and never have done, refunds or exchanges and that he wasn't going to talk about it anymore. He then abruptly terminated the call.

I would never treat my customers that way. The chain being 3.5" short isn't a huge deal. It just doesn't work for me at that length and I just wanted my money back - seems pretty reasonable.

I won't do business with a company like Anvil. Pretty weak response from them.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:37 AM
DeluxeRider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agreed

I'm having a bad experience with this guy too. My wife ordered me a wallet and chain for Christmas this past year. It came in time and the product was great. Better than any cheap *** HD Chinese POS I've had in the past. Was sold on this guys quality. Order a leather money clip from him, awesome as well. Came in a couple weeks and couldn't be happier.

Then my wife orders one of his bracelets for me for Valentines Day. Shipping confirmation says orders run typically 2-3 weeks. After that time passes, she contacts him and he's full of excuses and says it's more like 4-6 weeks due to his order load he's got. OK, no big deal. Now we are at 12 weeks and nothing but more excuses. He's got so many orders that have come in and he trying to fill them. Can't help it that he's blowing up and has so many orders. Blah! Blah! Blah!. I want to know if all those orders came in 13 weeks ago before mine? Apparently it's not first in - first out. But your money goes to him right away.

I don't have a problem waiting 4-6 months for custom made merchandise. Which I was told by him many online custom vendors have for time frames. But be honest up front and say that's what the lead time is! Don't say 2-3 weeks and then keep coming up with excuses why you can't handle the orders coming in. Treating you're customers this way is a good way to kill your business. It's unfortunate because this guy does make good stuff. But I wonder how many of his customers are going to put up with situations like this. I'm sure I'm not the only one currently having this issue with him.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:06 PM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master
Received 137 Likes on 45 Posts

There is a time in business that you either have to slow down your order taking, hire some help, or both...

sorry that you both are having issues with this guy.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:39 AM
DeluxeRider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally agree. It sucks cause the guy does make some killer stuff.

He needs to get some help, reduce the variety of stuff he offers or just be honest up front and say it's gonna take 3-4 months to get your item. And if it comes sooner he looks better. Customer is gonna be happier getting their **** early than months after they were told they'd get it.

My wife contacted him again and he apologized (again) and said it would ship in a couple weeks.

What pisses me off is that he's recently posted pics on Facebook of a bunch of wallet chains he's made that are the same chain this bracelet is supposed to be. Tell me why he couldn't have knocked out the bracelet when he was making the wallet chains? It's shorter so it should have taken less time to make right?