Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

new orleans?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Suruchi
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new orleans?

anyone have any ideas for a bike friendly place to stay in the french quarter?

Old 10-21-2014, 08:51 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've stayed at the Omni Royal in the heart of the Quarter on bike trips before. Their garage is valet only so they are the only ones with access to where you bike is parked. Very nice hotel too, a block and a half off Bourbon, and 2 blocks from Jackson Square. We don't go to NOLA often, but when we do we try to stay there.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:23 AM
HFS
Club Member
Received 305 Likes on 193 Posts

We've stayed twice at the Maison Dupuis. It had valet parking but right out the front door of the hotel. It's in the quarter but a little North of bourbon. Watch out as my wife was drugged on bourbon. She was with me, but I was pretty loaded. Sounds like ecstasy from the way she described it. Went to a cigar bar en route to Bourbon. She figures she was drugged someplace along bourbon. Be SURE to see the WWII museum. It was pretty cool. I'm a WWII buff as my dad is pretty crazy for it. He was just born 17 years too late. (1946). Ha ha. Not enough Canadian content for my like (kidding).

The brewery is just shops. We went west a block and cross the street to a nice brew house.

If you'd be interested -- there are swamp tours available. We did the smaller shallow water boat tour -- it was awesome.

By all means do so if you want to, but the Lake Ponatrain (spelling...?) was 23 miles of monotony. Id pick a different route next time, but I can say I've been there.

We were heading west to east so we continued into Florida. Margaritaville Beach hotel was nice -- bit pricy though.

Have a great trip.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:34 AM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 196 Likes on 141 Posts

Don't stay in town there much. I would try for some closed in parking if possible, garage?

As far as walking around, the quarter is a BAD area. Bourbon and some of the side streets??? For sure at night. Groups are safer. Tourist area over closer to the river is a bit better, Jackson square etc...

Old 10-22-2014, 07:32 AM
Suruchi
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the ideas everyone! We've been to NO lots of times and love it but never on a bike. Bourbon is not one of our haunts. We love going for the food and history. We will be sure to check the WW2 museum so thanks for that tip.