Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Rental in LV, NV

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 01:27 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 307 Likes on 194 Posts
Default Rental in LV, NV

Reservations have been made for our NYE furlong in Las Vegas.

I have a Street Glide and a Road King reserved for my wife and I. I thought this would be a great opportunity for her and I to try out the new Rushmore motorcycles, and see if she'd like to come off the Softtail Deluxe and try a fairing-ed Street Glide.

I could have rented another Street Glide but I'm curious how the Road King is. I'd rent a Road Glide, but they don't seem to have them with LV Harley-Davidson.

Our ride that I have planned is up to Mt Charleston, zip around to Scotty's Castle and walk around the castle. Ride through Death Valley toward Parumph and then back to Las Vegas.

Listed at seven hours, 390 mi. I can do it, but it will be a stretch for her. Regardless, it'll be long day, depending on stops at Mt. Charleston and Scotty's Castle.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:51 PM
giacomo56
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 145 Posts

I don't know when you're going, but that mountain... it gets cold...dress warmly...a better ride would be the Valley of Fire, i bert your wife would like that alot better...then maybe head south to Needles.
Have fun....

Old 11-08-2014, 04:03 AM
HFS
Club Member

Originally Posted by giacomo56
mountain... it gets cold...dress warmly...
giacomo - Yeah, I was contemplating canceling out Mt Charleston. If it is -that- cold. I mean we have heated vests. There is a set of heated gloves [her]. But I suppose I could look into December temperatures for Mt. C.

We actually got married in VoF in July. I'd ride through, but I'm thinking the loop out to Scotty's Castle possibly.

Zip through Death Valley, and then out to Parumph. Back to Vegas by nightfall - potentially returng the motorcycles that evening - or next morning.

Thanks for the heads up on Mt C.

Harry

Old 11-09-2014, 08:34 AM
gonenomad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It snowed a few days ago on Mt. Charleston. I'd definitely cancel that part of the trip.

My suggestion would be to out to Beatty on the 95. Down through Death Valley. Stop at the Dunes and Furnace Creek. Drive back through Shoshone and Pahrump. I've done this as a day ride before.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:41 AM
HDavidA
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Their was another forum about this in the touring section. i just did Rt. 66 from Kingman to Needles. Then back through Laughlin. Great ride.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:47 PM
fxdxruss
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You won't be doing any stoping, just riding. Scott's castle tours are scheduled so plan on a couple hours there. Better call to find out the tour times for the day you will be there. Like post before VOF maybe north shore line road to Overton and back. Sugars for lunch lost city museum. Then all the way back to boulder city check out new bridge and Damn if you haven't yet. Other routes long flat straight roads boaring, except for Mt Charleston ⛄️
Russ

Old 11-12-2014, 03:01 AM
HFS
Club Member

Thanks for the ideas guys.

As the snow falls tonight [nightshift] I lookforward to just a -ride- at this point. Maybe I'll take wifey down to the dam. I know that Lake Mead rec area is nice roads too. I'll miss my motorcycle, but it's more to get her riding a touring / fairing [hence a FLHX] in comparison to the 2007 FLSTN she currently rides.

How do you say expensive cruise control... ha ha

I'm planning on riding a Road King, as the Road Glide isn't currently in the rental fleet.

I guess I need to keep it under 300 miles, as she isn't the mile maniac I [we] are...

Old 11-13-2014, 12:02 AM
Orb
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXHS
Reservations have been made for our NYE furlong in Las Vegas.

I have a Street Glide and a Road King reserved for my wife and I. I thought this would be a great opportunity for her and I to try out the new Rushmore motorcycles, and see if she'd like to come off the Softtail Deluxe and try a fairing-ed Street Glide.

I could have rented another Street Glide but I'm curious how the Road King is. I'd rent a Road Glide, but they don't seem to have them with LV Harley-Davidson.

Our ride that I have planned is up to Mt Charleston, zip around to Scotty's Castle and walk around the castle. Ride through Death Valley toward Parumph and then back to Las Vegas.

Listed at seven hours, 390 mi. I can do it, but it will be a stretch for her. Regardless, it'll be long day, depending on stops at Mt. Charleston and Scotty's Castle.
Hello road captain
I am planning a trip in LV next spring. I am willing to have a loop cruise around LV. Did you checked other rental stores? Do you recommend the HD rental store in LV ?
Best regards

Old 11-20-2014, 04:58 AM
HFS
Club Member

Originally Posted by Orb
Hello road captain
I am planning a trip in LV next spring. I am willing to have a loop cruise around LV. Did you checked other rental stores? Do you recommend the HD rental store in LV ?
Best regards
Sorry Orb,

I'll say it like this; I've never tried a different than HD rental shop. I know the motorcycle will be a new model, and the insurance is good. I know they cant be too stupid as the MoCo oversees them a little. As well, a bad rap might scare people off a bit??

But LV HD would have more rental customers than a whorehouse near a shipyard. So maybe they don't care and just lie there...

I've never rented from LV HD. I'll report back afterwards.

H

Old 11-27-2014, 04:09 AM
harleyglen
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in vegas last year for our 10 year anniversary and we hired a heritage from LV HD and gotta say there service was top notch all round. Our friends hired a mustang convertible (as us brits do lol ) and got messed around big time with the car not being there on collection day and having a wait 4 hours for one!
Anyway I would recommend the trip we done which was ride out to hoover dam and have a look, then ride down to Kingman which was great and we had a fab meal in Mr D,ZZ route 66 diner, we had a look around there and then road the old route 66 out to hackberry and stopped at the old hackberry general store which is fab, then back to vegas, we did this in a day and covered about 300 miles. My only regret is that we never went to the HD dealer in kingman to grab a t shirt but we spent longer than planned at hoover dam so our friends were rushing a bit to get going after lunch.

Quick Reply: Rental in LV, NV