Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

renting a bike in Ft Lauderdale riding to Key West

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 08:27 AM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 11-28-2014, 04:32 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 791 Likes on 602 Posts

Do not need to rent from Eagle Rider but their website for "self" tours has some nice idea's for rides...Good for information regardless of how you acquire the bike.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:26 AM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My suggestion is that you wait and go in June and not leave without your favorite sister and brother in law and you ride that old girl and forget about rentals. Think of the fun we would have!!
I promise to wear a bikini just for you!! XOXO

Old 12-04-2014, 11:28 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 82 Posts

Love the Keys !. Pretty much the guys have stated it all. My favorite is Mallory Square where everybody can watch the sunset, drink and listen to live music. My lady's favorite is The Hemingway House since she's a cat lover and shopping on Duval St.

Want to get drunk and party hard with others. Fat Tuesdays are known to have Daiquari's of all kinds.

Thorey

Old 12-04-2014, 01:12 PM
prostar
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Be sure and have a rain suit.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,017 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYSBY
My suggestion is that you wait and go in June and not leave without your favorite sister and brother in law and you ride that old girl and forget about rentals. Think of the fun we would have!!
I promise to wear a bikini just for you!! XOXO
you rock LIL SIS--we will ride this summer for sure http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/ye...F5536.jpg.html the old girl my bff speaks of--she hasn't seen Daytona or Florida in 10 years

Old 12-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member

Renting a RK or Heritage softail . Definitely doing sunset with drinking and music --plan on both coast ,lots of stops, good food, music ,cold beer, and memories[ wife loves to take pics]

Old 12-05-2014, 01:49 AM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker NH
you rock LIL SIS--we will ride this summer for sure http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/ye...F5536.jpg.html the old girl my bff speaks of--she hasn't seen Daytona or Florida in 10 years
I'm not even going to mention the condition of those white walls, Rocker!! Of course, by now, I'm used to it. I will make sure mommy doesn't budget you enough funds for those damn white walls in the future since you need me to ride up from NY each weekend just to clean them for you!!
XOXO

Old 01-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

IM, I need to chime in and thank you for the FL write up! I've lived here 14 years and didn't know about some of those items.

Only think you didn't mention is a visit to Lucky Cole's on Loop Road off the Tamiami trail in the middle of the state, but he's only open on weekends so it's hit or miss. I do want to get down there for the ride one day, that's a good day ride for me.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/culti...pher_video.php

Dave I think we've spoken on the HSOA board? Hope to meet up with you when you're in the area.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Joe_G
IM, I need to chime in and thank you for the FL write up! I've lived here 14 years and didn't know about some of those items.

Only think you didn't mention is a visit to Lucky Cole's on Loop Road off the Tamiami trail in the middle of the state, but he's only open on weekends so it's hit or miss. I do want to get down there for the ride one day, that's a good day ride for me.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/culti...pher_video.php

Dave I think we've spoken on the HSOA board? Hope to meet up with you when you're in the area.
Yup, on the HSOA site under Rocker there also. [first names actually John] Ride with Ace sometimes------we should meet while I,m down there--Feb9th--18th keep in touch

Quick Reply: renting a bike in Ft Lauderdale riding to Key West