Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

What Is Your BEST Ride EVER & Why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 08:05 PM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 196 Likes on 141 Posts

Lake Charles, LA across to Del Rio TX. Around to Big Bend for a few days then up to Ruidoso, NM. back home to Lake chuck. Things I woulda done different. Swore I wouldn't ride across those plains again... but I remember bunches of it. And i would. Last trip with my cousin and riding bud

Old 12-21-2014, 08:44 PM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,304 Likes on 1,343 Posts

First time I rode the Coronado Trail(US 191) from Eagar south. Very surprised at the beauty and quality of the road for motorcycling. On the same trip riding 89A from Prescott to Jerome. Came into Jerome with the sun setting behind us and the sunlight just lit up the red canyons in front of us. Almost spiritual. But there are so many rides that are the best of all time.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:08 PM
missionwop
Road Captain
Received 546 Likes on 219 Posts

The PCH from Vancouver to Monterey. Weather was sunny and 90 degrees for 10 days straight. I don't think anything can beat it.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:10 AM
deadhawg
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,728 Likes on 666 Posts

The next one.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:06 AM
Malallahfy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crossing the golden gate bridge in San Francisco. Something very special about that ride

Old 12-22-2014, 06:37 AM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 196 Likes on 141 Posts

Of course... every one is a fav now with my riding bud pictured below

Old 12-22-2014, 07:02 AM
Steel D
1st Gear

A few years ago, while my wife, daughter, and two of her friends were vacationing in St Ignace, MI, I took a day and rode up into Canada, north of Sault Saint Marie, Ontario along the Kings Highway up to Wawa. The road and vast landscape was spectacular.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:07 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

My wife of 29-yrs...because I love her and she loves me back...in more ways than you can imagine!

Old 12-22-2014, 07:33 AM
MSP Dan
Cruiser

The wife and I did a 5 week journey from our home in Southern Wisconsin with the first stop in my boyhood home (Memphis). From there we went to her parents' winter home in Tucson. Then we went up to Phoenix and met up with friends Jon and Frank (Hippo) and we all rode the high country through the Salt River Canyon and landed in Roswell NM, hooking up briefly with Rambert and Jim (Spiderman). We left there and hit the Texas Hill Country Run. At that point the wife and I split off to see my dad in Oklahoma. From there, we had planned to stop in Arkansas and visit our friend TS (Twisted Sister) and the Arkansas crew but bad, bad storms were coming in so we highballed it like hell for home.

Sadly, Hippo and Spidey are both no longer with us. Two great guys that I was proud to have among my friends. The Salt River Canyon leg of that trip was the absolute best ride ever. Looking at it, you'd think it was the Grand Canyon. Just huge, and absolutely magnificent. Nothing but switchbacks as far as the road goes. You wind down and around and down and around and down and around for about an hour, until you cross over this tiny little river that isn't much more than a crick. Then you go up and around and up and around and up and around for about another hour to get back up out of the canyon and go on along your way.

The ride itself was epic. The people we were with just made it that much better.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:40 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Summer 2013. Home through Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, SD, ND, Minnesota, Wisc. to the HD 110 Anniversary. From there through Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Penn. to Gettysburg. From Gettysburg to Antietam and Harpers Ferry. Then to Front Royal, Va. and the Blue Ridge Parkway to North Carolina. Tail of the Dragon, Charohola Byway, Moonshiner 28. Back home through Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Ark., etc. 25 states and 6,400 miles in 3 weeks.

Saw Car Henge in Neb., Rode the Black Hills, Mall of America, Gettysburg Battlefield, Wheels Through Time, rode the Dragon and other notable Smoky Mountain roads. Beale St. and the Peabody Ducks in Memphis as well as Graceland. Visited the Federal Courthouse in Ft. Smith, Ark. where Judge Parker presided. Got the 4 states west of the Mississippi that I had not ridden in.

Bill

Last edited by billnourse; 12-22-2014 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply: What Is Your BEST Ride EVER & Why?