Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Bob and Cheryl Fall Ride Through Appalachia

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Newfoundlandsoftail
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You are the best writer on here by far, another great write up to help get through this winter. Be at least another month, probably a month and a half until we can ride.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:25 PM
jay72
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Newfoundlandsoftail
You are the best writer on here by far, another great write up to help get through this winter. Be at least another month, probably a month and a half until we can ride.
And when the snow finally melts, yours will truly be a new found land.

Old 03-07-2015, 01:48 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob,

I just found and finished this thread..........as usual great read and pics!

Thanks again!

Old 03-09-2015, 06:47 AM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

Originally Posted by Newfoundlandsoftail
Originally Posted by cayers
Bob,

I just found and finished this thread..........as usual great read and pics!

Thanks again!
Thanks Gents!

I was able to get in a couple of short rides 2 days ago. What a feeling! I sure hope this weather keeps up.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:21 PM
Northride
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Bob, you're an amazing writer and appears you definitely have a gift for it.

thanks for posting this. Just found it today and between doing what has to be done, looked forward to reading parts until I could finish. Your writing style brings you on the trip like I haven't seen anybody do except in books - and they're never about motorcycling!

Thanks again for the great read (and your TOD video is awesome).
Jp

Old 03-29-2015, 07:24 PM
nevada72
Banned

Thanks Jp for the fine compliment. I truly appreciate it.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:07 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Bump. Just read the whole thing. I was going to offer to go on a trip with you until I saw the 24° day. Crazy.

Usually my wife and I take a 4 day trip every summer, but we have been too busy with a grandson this year. Your thread is inspiring me to plan a trip.
Thanks.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:30 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

just got backsunday from 12 days though the Appalachians down to Robbinsville I like Thank you Bob for all the help it really paid off!!
went with 28 people and everyone of them was blown away at the route, 3400 miles later we where smiling ear to ear. i will share pics and video at some point I need get caught back up on home stuff and find energy to get back to normal life...
The trip was pretty close to yours but backwards...even the Liquor store across the bridge in Huntington Wv....we had a blast the best part was we never had to go out as the party in the Pk lot every night was busier than most bars....

Dale was the Best!!!

one thing was bad!!! I asked and asked about hotels in Maggie Valley here on Hd forums got very few replies you (Bob) did say there was better than Holida inn so i looked and looked!!! well I decided Medowlark was the best bet for us as i only found 2 or 3 hotels on google. The town is full of great hotels and one very bad hotel!! I give ya one guess what one is bad?? yeap Meadowlark!!! they decided that our reservations from Jan for 29 people was a joke, the rooms stunk and there was water\liquid (still wet) on the floors, they did not have enough rooms so they got some guy in pajamas to go put a tv in old room they don't use!!! Lucky for us it was a sunday night and the Comfort inn was empty so we bailed and headed there.

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 07-02-2015 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:55 PM
nevada72
Banned

Originally Posted by Ron750
Bump. Just read the whole thing. I was going to offer to go on a trip with you until I saw the 24° day. Crazy.

Usually my wife and I take a 4 day trip every summer, but we have been too busy with a grandson this year. Your thread is inspiring me to plan a trip.
Thanks.
Thanks for the bump Ron.

Believe me, if the forecast had been any better, we would have waited for warmer weather. But, once we got rolling, it wasn't so bad with the heated gear.

On trips - I hear you. It's not been a great travelling summer (which started a few days ago and then went away - 48 degrees this morning. WTF??). We may ride down to Savanna and Galena the weekend of the 11th & 12th. We'de love to have you two join us if you can break free.

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
just got backsunday from 12 days though the Appalachians down to Robbinsville

That's an awesome pic! That's one of my favorite bikes in his collection too. I'm glad you guys had a great time. There are so many great roads down there that it's hard to go wrong. Too bad about the hotel though. Don't get me wrong - A Holiday Motel isn't bad. We just didn't think it was great. But it certainly is better than what you described at the Meadowlark. Thanks for the heads up.

The parking lot in Huntington had snow on it when we were there. Not much partying going on.