Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Knoxville to Tombstone 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 09:07 AM
Joe Mc
Banned
Received 230 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Knoxville to Tombstone 2012

This trip was taken in 2012 and being as how it's winter I thought I would post the slideshow. So if you want to take 31 minutes out of these dark gray days click on the link, turn on the sound and hopefully enjoy. I know I did doing it.
It's a little Nashville and Elvis 'heavy' at the beginning so if you are not a fan skip to the 12 minute mark.
Pictures are good storytellers not me. I'm not in the same league as some of the posters here.
Total miles were 3,591 and a little more Interstate than I prefer but time became a factor.
http://www.photoshow.com/watch/DP9Yt7vQ

Old 01-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Grandslam
Road Master
Received 308 Likes on 197 Posts

Nice job. Lots of pics.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:31 PM
red sport.
Tourer
Received 222 Likes on 45 Posts

Joe, this is the best road trip ever, music well, just all was beautiful.
I really enjoyed it & thanks for shearing.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:46 PM
Turnipseed
Advanced
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been to a lot of the same places. Stayed at Hickman Motel in Aspermont, Tx. and at Larian Motel in Tombstone. Pictures brought back some great memories of my trips. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Joe Mc
Banned
Received 230 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Grandslam
Nice job. Lots of pics.
Originally Posted by red sport.
Joe, this is the best road trip ever, music well, just all was beautiful.
I really enjoyed it & thanks for shearing.
Thanks guys. I like to take 'the road less traveled' as Charles Kuralt did with his "On the Road" series for CBS. The people you meet and places you go are both interesting and fascinating. I like the twisties as well as anybody but I am more interested in going places that no one has heard of. Stopped in Christmas Valley OR on one trip and had a fabulous time at the local watering hole. We ended up staying the night. The folks were genuinely interested in where we came from and asked a lot of questions as we did of them. Over the years I have been to many places on the back roads of America (&Mexico) never had a problem and always met genuinely friendly folks. Priceless.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:15 PM
Ridin Da Dish
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Thanks guys. I like to take 'the road less traveled' as Charles Kuralt did with his "On the Road" series for CBS. The people you meet and places you go are both interesting and fascinating. I like the twisties as well as anybody but I am more interested in going places that no one has heard of. Stopped in Christmas Valley OR on one trip and had a fabulous time at the local watering hole. We ended up staying the night. The folks were genuinely interested in where we came from and asked a lot of questions as we did of them. Over the years I have been to many places on the back roads of America (&Mexico) never had a problem and always met genuinely friendly folks. Priceless.

Nice Job........