Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Bike Wash While On The Road

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Car Doc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you ride a black bike you have a whole different perspective on quick washes and anything touching tins you guys all know what I am saying.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:00 AM
ramblin5
Road Master

Received 217 Likes on 110 Posts

WOW, I want that Butte dealer here in Atlanta!

Old 01-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Lude-a-tick
Road Master
Received 529 Likes on 290 Posts

I have found that most biker friendly motels have wash rags and buckets to use upon request. If not a wash cloth and garbage can will do. Usually take care of this right after checking in while having a cold one. I find it relaxing after a long days ride.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:16 AM
mcdaniel52761
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94ruck
I ride a road king classic. Windshield, tour pack and bags are off in seconds. if it is really bad, i will pull into a car wash and use the low pressure to get it soapy. i carry my own sponges for wiping. i use BUG SLIDE all over my bike. Like pledge, it waxes everything and make for and easy wash up. I frequently clean mine while on the road just to make the end of trip wash up easier. Beside, i like to get up early, enjoy my coffee and wash my bike while my buddies are sleeping in. then they come out and see my bike "ashinin" and theirs not....makes my day everytime! My wife has even joined in on the game and will wipe off the windshield and bags while i am washing the bike.

I stayed in Muscatine last June on a trip to Milwaukee. can't say it was a nice place and even had an odor to it. We ate at the local all you can eat buffet and stayed at the knights inn which looked like it was from the late 50's. But it was the only hotel around the area with a room. I am from NW Missouri originally and live in texas now. i miss rural Missouri as our side had some great back roads for riding.
lol....Hard telling what the odor was. Since we're right on the Mississippi it could have been that or there is Grain Processing Corporation and Monsanto on the south end of town that tends to drift into town in the summer when it's hot but usually not that far north. The knight's Inn (Formerly Lord Canterbury's Pub) has gone downhill. Maybe they still do but at one time they had "fantasuites" there with different themes. There was an igloo room, a jungle room, things like that. They do have a decent bar in the basement of the place but the rest of it is in need of a serious remodeling. Same can be said for the rest of the town.