Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Redverz tent - Sturgis 2015

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:31 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXHS
And it looks like IF there was a hailstorm it might save a dent or two. Unless they're baseball sized.

Two accesses. Lots of room. Just looking for a Canadian retailer as CAD is below 80 cents USD.
Wouldn't the Canadian retailer's pricing be about $110 higher to account for his cost, paid to Redverz in CAD? In other words, not much different for you compared to ordering one from a US supplier.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:55 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

There is room for your bike and a chair in the garage, but I only put the bike in the tent if the forecast calls for really bad weather. Or in really small campsites. It's a nice option to have.

Twenty years ago I packed a Eureka Timberlite. Next tent was a Coleman dome with a vestibule. The Redverz allows me to stand up in the tent. No more rolling around on my back trying to pull my jeans on.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:07 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mtgriz
From all the reviews I've read and video on their website I'd say 10-15 minutes.
That's about right depending on lighting, how many miles and how many beers. Make sure you practice several times in daylight before you leave home. I labeled the loops where the stakes go with a paint pen. 1R thru 5R and 1L thru 5L to help maintain orientation. I also labeled the pole sleeves but they have color coded them on the versions after mine.

The tent is not free standing so where you stake it out is where it's going to be.

Last edited by fishheadsaid; 01-28-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:13 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fishheadsaid
That's about right depending on lighting, how many miles and how many beers. Make sure you practice several times in daylight before you leave home. I labeled the loops where the stakes go with a paint pen. 1R thru 5R and 1L thru 5L to help maintain orientation. I also labeled the pole sleeves but they have color coded them on the versions after mine.

The tent is not free standing so where you stake it out is where it's going to be.
So, after you lay the tent out on the ground is the next step staking one of the ends so you have something to pull against when you get the shock corded poles through the loops?

Old 01-28-2015, 10:27 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mtgriz
So, after you lay the tent out on the ground is the next step staking one of the ends so you have something to pull against when you get the shock corded poles through the loops?
Yes. You have to stake out the 10 'corners' , then sleeve the poles, then erect and guy out the tent. It's important to stake out the tent square to begin with. There are straps at the side doors that help.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:34 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member

If you look at the tire you can see the straps in the grass. Stake out the tent so that the straps form a rectangle and the tent will be square.

Last edited by fishheadsaid; 01-28-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:55 AM
mtgriz
Road Warrior

Thanks for the added pic.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:12 PM
dibe
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great. Thanks for the info guys.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Car Doc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am pretty sure this is the tent I'm getting next. I like it a lot being able to stand up to pull my jeans on. Thanks for posting the video fishheadsaid Ive seen it before just didn't know it was someone on here!

After 2 years ago at the chip staying in a $20 4'x4' waly special and getting soaked every nite that about broke me of bike camping lol. I presume it would fit about perfect on a tour pak rack anyone know for sure?

I think a tent this size is the only way I could get my wife to bike camp which I would love to start doing some of. I have some fly fishing and camp spots in Colorado I would love to ride to.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:44 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member

Car Doc, here we are at the Chip in 2011. Camped on the fence by the water tower.

Eddie (JaxHarleyRdr) bringing lunch!

There's three of us in the tent eating Bufallo burgers. Eddie's off to the right, I think you can just see his hand. Notice the awning tied off to the fence.

Last edited by fishheadsaid; 01-29-2015 at 04:52 PM. Reason: fat fingers

Quick Reply: Redverz tent - Sturgis 2015