Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

British Columbia and Alberta roads and sites

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 01:13 PM
etitanic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Good Choice

Originally Posted by skeetz
Two of youse is enough to convince me

So this is the way I'll be going.

From Creston take #3A-North to Balfour
From Balfour take #31-North to Kaslo
From Kaslo continue on to #31A-West to New Denver
from New Denver take #6-North to Nakusp
From Nakusp take #6-West to Vernon
from Vernon take #97-South to Kaleden
From Kaleden take #3A to Keremeos

Thanks again
Something I should have mentioned is that you will be taking a ferry or two but these are at no cost and really not that long at all, in fact that is me waiting at the ferry crossing getting some sunshine and a few zz's in my picture. Enjoy the trip, sure you will.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:04 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the invite Silver Fox, I may just take you up on that. I will PM you either way when I get close.

No problem

Old 05-29-2015, 07:29 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

Rather than stopping at what you have marked as 541 west of High River, find the Highwood Pass or Highway 40 in Longview, Alberta and take it.
That road is a goodun.
It'll take you to Highway 1 not to far from Canmore.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:20 AM
tfi racing
Road Master
Received 401 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by skidder
Rather than stopping at what you have marked as 541 west of High River, find the Highwood Pass or Highway 40 in Longview, Alberta and take it.
That road is a goodun.
Good idea,just make sure you keep the tank topped up,its a few miles between gas stations through there.Also beware of the cows...

Old 05-29-2015, 05:46 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by tfi racing
Good idea,just make sure you keep the tank topped up,its a few miles between gas stations through there.Also beware of the cows...
And the goats and the meetup group riders...very dangerous because you just don't know what they'll do on the road.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:05 PM
skeetz
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by skidder
That road is a goodun.
Yes thanks, Highwood Pass I'm planning to do that loop ,highest paved road in Canada, google just wouldn't let me map my route all the way through #40 back to #1.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:49 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

Yes thanks, Highwood Pass I'm planning to do that loop ,highest paved road in Canada, google just wouldn't let me map my route all the way through #40 back to #1.
They hold a road race runners marathon on that road once a year and traffic gets slowed to a crawl for much of the road for the runners safety.
Not sure what the dates are so you may want to find out.

Old 05-30-2015, 04:43 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 388 Likes on 298 Posts

If you need anything while in the Edmonton area I'm just south of Edmonton & have a big back yard with fire pit your welcome to set your tent up and a large fully equipped garage/shop with lots of tools if you want to do any repairs/maintenance/oil change or anything like that.
Have a great trip!

Old 06-05-2015, 11:20 PM
Sparkee...
Road Master
Received 226 Likes on 142 Posts

I always prefer heading south of Golden to spend a night at Fairmont Hot Springs. Radium is a nice spring but at Fairmont Resort you can use the big public pool or throw on the robe they provide, grab a cool one and soak in the smaller guest pool. Highway 93, the Kootenay Highway is a great ride over to Banff especially the first part neat Radium.

In Creston BC don't forget to stop at the Columbia Brewery for a tour. I recommend the Kootenay Ale for the free brew at the end of the tour.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:33 AM
fatnlow
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Vernon B.C., I also recommend the trip through the West Kootenays (kaslo, nakusp, new Denver) beautiful road. Along that route Nakusp or Halcyon hotsprings are worth the stop as well. I live on the edge of Vernon near Okanagan lake and I have a big flat grassy yard for tenting as well as a fully equipped shop for any repairs or modifications that you may need to do. Put my name on the list of places to stop if needed. Just PM me here to get in touch, I work away but if I'm around your welcome to stop by and share the BBQ and have a Beer.

Trenton

Quick Reply: British Columbia and Alberta roads and sites