Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Boston to Niagara

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 08:16 PM
HDavidA
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by silent1
It's just me and my wife for this trip, and she isn't having any part of camping. We haven't booked a room yet, but I'm thinking of getting one on the Canadian side.

I-90 is long and boring, so I'm trying to pick a route that has a mix of back roads and highway. So far, I'm planning to avoid going into Mass altogether and cutting across southern NH and VT to Albany. Still trying to determine what to do from that point.

Let us know how the trip goes and if there are any must see places that we should hit up. I know we're planning to get authentic Buffalo wings while we're there.
Check out huge daily deals, living social, or any of those my wife and I got a package for about 100. Nice hotel, $50 to steak house, and $20 hop. Was a nice get away. They are generally on the Canadian side.

Also, being from the Buffalo area, most dive bars have great chicken wings. There of course is Anchor Bar which is the original and Duffs is generally another of the better known.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:21 PM
HDavidA
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by silent1
It's just me and my wife for this trip, and she isn't having any part of camping. We haven't booked a room yet, but I'm thinking of getting one on the Canadian side.

I-90 is long and boring, so I'm trying to pick a route that has a mix of back roads and highway. So far, I'm planning to avoid going into Mass altogether and cutting across southern NH and VT to Albany. Still trying to determine what to do from that point.

Let us know how the trip goes and if there are any must see places that we should hit up. I know we're planning to get authentic Buffalo wings while we're there.
Depending on where in Vermont you come across consider staying north of Albany and ride across Adirondack Park and then pick up the Seaway trail when you hit Lake Ontario and take that right to Niagara

Old 07-12-2015, 11:13 PM
lostrogue1965
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HDavidA
Depending on where in Vermont you come across consider staying north of Albany and ride across Adirondack Park and then pick up the Seaway trail when you hit Lake Ontario and take that right to Niagara
+1 on this. Many of the roads through the Adirondacks are in pretty good shape, though there can be a few that are a little broken. If you're far north, try to pick up SR 3 when you can. It will take you to the eastern shore of Ontario, and then you can pick up 104. If you're south of I-90. SR 5 + 20 pretty much parallel I-90 all the way to Buffalo (if memory serves).

Old 07-13-2015, 06:49 PM
KevinM781
Novice

Thanks for all the advice guys! Little change of plans. Unfortunately one of our guys was not able to get his passport in time so we wont be crossing to canada. I think we might venture out to cedar point in ohio at some point though

Old 07-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Raven63
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like a good time! Safe travels!

Old 07-14-2015, 09:00 AM
silent1
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinM781
Thanks for all the advice guys! Little change of plans. Unfortunately one of our guys was not able to get his passport in time so we wont be crossing to canada. I think we might venture out to cedar point in ohio at some point though
Well, I guess I'll update the thread for ya when I head over there. Looks like I'll be at the Marriott that From Behind talked about earlier too.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:52 AM
rufasim
Road Warrior
Received 155 Likes on 110 Posts

Made that trip a couple years ago. Nice ride. I'm leaving on the 25th up 90 to the nfl hof. On the return trip, through pa, stopping in York. Just taking my time and making a week out of it.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:08 PM
KevinM781
Novice

Got back last night, Since weather was looking terrible yesterday we shot down 90 straight home, very little detours, stopped at Performance Harley in Syracuse which seemed like a very well organized dealership compared to whats around me.

Stopped for a quick lunch in Liverpool which i will have to say that everyone should avoid that town, absolutly disgusting and saw nothing but drug addicts walking around, seemed a few short of a walking dead episode.

We then sat in a 20+ mile back up at the MA border, rumor has it that the toll booth was struck by lightning.

Little over 12 hours to get from Grand Island, NY to Boston. Only advice i seek now is how do i get a burned rain suit off a painted exhaust shield (V&H big shot staggered black)

Old 07-20-2015, 02:28 PM
silent1
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Same thing happened to me with my rain suit a few weeks back. I used some generic oven cleaner and carefully scraped away what the towel left behind with my fingernail. Later I applied some Nevr Dull, and now you can't even tell that it happened.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:40 PM
KevinM781
Novice

well unfortunatly i wont be able to polish as the surface is either painted or im guessing powder coated.

Quick Reply: Boston to Niagara