Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Road trip out of buying a new bike

Old 08-21-2015, 04:26 PM
robertwy
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by vegascop
Mtgriz- Thank you and I'm excited about writting about it, but for now the days feel like weeks and the minutes hours. Can I say I'm just a little excited, come on August 25th.....
If you remember, you replied in my thread about how agonizingly slow the days are going by before my trip. I know you're feeling the same.

That's a gorgeous RG. Just four more weeks, ...I mean days, before you can come get it. If you pick it up on 8/25, you'll start your ride 2 days before I do. The wait is terrible.

When you finally get it, ride safe!!!

Old 08-21-2015, 04:34 PM
mskirwin
Club Member
Received 1,449 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Good luck with the new bike and the great ride. Be smart and safe.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:39 PM
vegascop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply's

RobertWy- you almost made me faint with thinking it was 4 more weeks! I have been checking the weather 6 times a day. Mapquest has banned me because I'm literally stalking their site lol- Did I mention I'm literally having a hard time sleeping..... Tell me I'm not alone. Before a big ride are you huys as excited as I'am?

Old 08-22-2015, 07:03 AM
KCwildguy
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

RobertWy- you almost made me faint with thinking it was 4 more weeks! I have been checking the weather 6 times a day. Mapquest has banned me because I'm literally stalking their site lol- Did I mention I'm literally having a hard time sleeping..... Tell me I'm not alone. Before a big ride are you huys as excited as I'am?
The anxiety and excitement are part of the fun. You plan it out, and then have to wait. I'm happy for you for getting such a nice bike and a great ride. Enjoy every minute of it, including the inevitable delays and changes! Ride safe

Old 08-22-2015, 07:08 AM
2PawsRiver
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That's the way to do it......good luck with the bike, and ride safe.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:24 AM
robertwy
Road Captain

I now have 4 more days which seem like weeks. The thing is I've done these extended trips nearly every year for several years. The excitement is still there and the wait takes forever.

At this time of year in this part of Texas there's about a 99.5% chance that is will be very hot. You just have to put up with it. I usually go about 180-190 miles between gas stops. I generally try to take a little break halfway in those stints. So about every 90 miles or so, drink a large bottle of water to stay hydrated. The heat takes it out of you even though you may not realize it.

Again, ride safe!!

Old 08-24-2015, 01:28 AM
vegascop
Cruiser

I leave Tuesday morning at 3:45am for the Airport. I arrive in Dallas/Ft Worth at 9:48am The man I'm buying the bike from is picking me up and driving me to his house about 25 miles from airport. Once there we will finalize the purchase and I will be heading out towards the Arkansas border through Texarkana.

For once I have no time frame , except be in Cleveland, Ohio by Sept 1st. I will take my time and enjoy every minute. One change I bagged camping this time and will be staying in hotels along the way.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:32 AM
Flatrock-1
Intermediate

Assuming you go through Nebr. on I-80, if you need a break when you hit North Platte and want to grab a cup of coffee, or some other beverage if it is evening send me a pm. If I am around I will buy you a cup of coffee/diet coke. Ride safe.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:28 PM
robertwy
Road Captain

I leave Tuesday morning at 3:45am for the Airport. I arrive in Dallas/Ft Worth at 9:48am The man I'm buying the bike from is picking me up and driving me to his house about 25 miles from airport. Once there we will finalize the purchase and I will be heading out towards the Arkansas border through Texarkana.

For once I have no time frame , except be in Cleveland, Ohio by Sept 1st. I will take my time and enjoy every minute. One change I bagged camping this time and will be staying in hotels along the way.
Have the hours turned into weeks yet?

Old 08-24-2015, 10:03 PM
vegascop
Cruiser

Flatrock- I just may take you up on the coffee. Thank you for the generous offer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Road trip out of buying a new bike