Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

First road trip in 13 years

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 07:18 PM
Anthony C
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default First road trip in 13 years

My frist road trip in 13 years, and it was the longest trip I've ever made. It's been 13 years since my last ride, this time I bought a Street Glide. A long cry from a Shadow to a Street Glide! This is my very first HD, and I absolutely love it! On 4 September I picked it up in Fayetteville NC, the wife and I drove down from PA the night before with the car. I rode to Chesapeake VA, a 250 mile ride, I stopped 3 times because my butt fell asleep. The cruise control is the way to go! One of my sons live in Chesapeake, I left it there because we are moving down there in a month or so. My son will keep in warmed up and ready to ride for when I get back down there. I plan on dong some serious riding now that I have a road bike!

I'm going to try and put some photos up soon

Old 09-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Flatrock-1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations, I hope your move goes as smooth as possible, and enjoy your bike. It is a great way to spend a few minutes, hours or days. And always ride safe. Best luck to you.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:31 AM
Anthony C
Intermediate

Thank you very much. First things first, I have a new tire for the front. I bought myself a set of "T" bags that go at the base of the windshield for conveniences. I also picked up a 10 inch smoked windshield. The OEM mufflers have extra holes inside above the baffles. It's much louder than it should be, I'm thinking the bypass holes will make the engine run too lean. To me that's not a good thing, so I purchased a set of OEM mufflers for a very good price. If and when I change the mufflers, I think I'll go with the Screaming Eagles because they're pre tuned. At least that's what I'm told.
Thank you again Flatrock-1

Last edited by Anthony C; 09-15-2015 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:22 AM
Anthony C
Intermediate
Default Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel

There is a group of us taking a trip across the CBBT this coming Sunday (9-25-16) Our (Catholic) Pastor rides a 2015 Street Glide Special, he's coming along with us. This will be my first trip on a bike. My very first was driving an 18 wheeler back in 2007, it was awesome!
Thanks for sharing your experiences about crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel

Anthony C

Old 09-23-2016, 08:58 AM
lmar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,073 Likes on 2,055 Posts

Congratulations on your new ride. Looking forward to the pics.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,967 Likes on 1,413 Posts

Welcome back to biking.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:55 AM
Anthony C
Intermediate
Default Cbbt

Originally Posted by Michael Psycle
Welcome back to biking.
THANKS Michael. I did make some changes since last September to my ride. Mustang touring seat (very comfortable) auxiliary lamps/headlight all LED. Mini foot boards for her. I have a Rush head pipe non catalytic and a Vance and Hines FP3 I'm going to instal in the very near future.
I really love this ride. I live in Virginia Beach, VA. I made a trip to the outer banks (KITTY HAWK) and back just to go for a ride this past March. It was 240 miles, I only stopped for gas.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:28 PM
Anthony C
Intermediate
Default Cbbt

Originally Posted by lmar
Congratulations on your new ride. Looking forward to the pics.
LOOKING forward to taking a few photos. I'll do my
best to post them. I made several changes to my ride since last September a Mustang touring seat which is very comfortable. I added auxiliary lamps/ headlight which are all LED. Very bright at night! This past March I made a trip to the Outer Banks NC and back. I covered 240 miles. I really love this ride. Thank you Imar for the welcoming and new ride.

I I got the hardware kit for the auxiliary lamps from Harley Davidson, the LED lamps I got from J&P Cycles. The headlight from Hogworkz it's the halo maker. The auxiliary lights 4.5" from Cyron. Those are very bright!

Old 09-25-2016, 05:46 PM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

Congrats on your new ride, save that cash you spending on extra's for gas and motel rooms, ride it hard and often. ������

Old 09-25-2016, 08:08 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony C
Thank you very much. First things first, I have a new tire for the front. I bought myself a set of "T" bags that go at the base of the windshield for conveniences. I also picked up a 10 inch smoked windshield. The OEM mufflers have extra holes inside above the baffles. It's much louder than it should be, I'm thinking the bypass holes will make the engine run too lean. To me that's not a good thing, so I purchased a set of OEM mufflers for a very good price. If and when I change the mufflers, I think I'll go with the Screaming Eagles because they're pre tuned. At least that's what I'm told.
Thank you again Flatrock-1
Anthony, look at American Custom Exhaust and let them modify your stock cans. The street friendly baffles are a good balance.

Quick Reply: First road trip in 13 years