Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Two Pass Ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,967 Likes on 1,413 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Cruiser
Speaking of Death Valley, I booked a room for Furnace Creek Ranch Sept. 28 through Oct.1. I'm really looking forward to riding down there. I haven't been there in 40+ years. Any suggestions on where to ride and what to do there?
Death Valley is best enjoyed for what is not there. It is one of the most desolate places on the planet. As such, just riding through Death Valley brings up all sorts of feelings. For me, I would call a lot of those feelings "spiritual" feelings.

There are not a whole lot of places to visit. It is more about just being there. There are several interesting pull offs. One place most want to see is Badwater, the lowest place in North America. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badwater_Basin. Another place I like is Zabriskie Point, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabriskie_Point, which is about five miles east of Furness Creek. I've been there many times and always find new beauty in the place.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Psycle
Death Valley is best enjoyed for what is not there. It is one of the most desolate places on the planet. As such, just riding through Death Valley brings up all sorts of feelings. For me, I would call a lot of those feelings "spiritual" feelings.

There are not a whole lot of places to visit. It is more about just being there. There are several interesting pull offs. One place most want to see is Badwater, the lowest place in North America. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badwater_Basin. Another place I like is Zabriskie Point, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabriskie_Point, which is about five miles east of Furness Creek. I've been there many times and always find new beauty in the place.

Nice. Sounds just like what I need....

Old 09-18-2015, 09:01 PM
DaveNBPT
Road Master
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

Any suggestions on where to ride and what to do there?
I'm sure there could be a lot of suggestions, but I particularly enjoyed a quick diversion to Lone Pine and back to Death Valley. That entire DV area is spectacular!

Old 09-19-2015, 01:23 AM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member

Lone Pine is a hoot, too. A lot of old westerns were filmed near Lone Pine. Good for film history buffs.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:29 AM
nibroc
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Psycle

thanks for that info

Old 09-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Originally Posted by DaveNBPT
I'm sure there could be a lot of suggestions, but I particularly enjoyed a quick diversion to Lone Pine and back to Death Valley. That entire DV area is spectacular!
I will be passing through Lone Pine on my way there and back (if I return the same way) so I'll check it out. Thanks.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:02 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
If you go, let me know in this thread how it looks. I'm probably leaving next Sunday, 9/27.

We went over Ebbetts Pass today and returned via Carson Pass. It was perfect weather. There were alot of bikes heading to Street Vibrations in Reno.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:07 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Excellent! I think I'm going Ebbetts west, and Sonora coming back.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:21 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

That will be a great ride! Enjoy.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:48 AM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member

That will be a great ride! Enjoy.
No matter which pass you mentioned in whatever direction we would have to say to you that it will be a great ride. My favorite is 120 over Tioga because of the high country in Yosemite. But I also really like Monitor Pass with the sweeping vistas.

Quick Reply: Two Pass Ride