Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Best Biker Places Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 05:54 PM
MikeAKQJX
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best Biker Places Project

Hi everyone.

I went looking for a site a while back that has a list of some of the best biker places to go and the biker friendly destinations out on the roads. There are plenty of sites that have lists. Some of them are old, some have bad entries, some have inappropriate content, and some sites are just goofy.

I'm willing to do a boat load of work for people like myself that want to get up, go ride, and figure out where to end up later.

If everyone who reads this could contribute one biker-friendly place they really now about, it would be one heck of a resource. This is my landing page with the information I'm looking for... http://www.arpaia.com/bflf.html.

In return, I will process this information and make it available in different formats (interactive web maps, spreadsheets, Garmin POI files, etc...). Please contribute for a good cause... our own entertainment and enjoyment!

Old 09-28-2015, 07:46 AM
robertwy
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I just sent you one.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:37 PM
MikeAKQJX
Advanced

Thanks for that one!

I'm changing the tags I'll be using. If the place serves food only, the tag will be Food Stop. If it's alcohol only (snacks like potato chips and beef jerky don't count in my book), the tag will be Bar Only. If it is a full service restaurant with a bar and some kind of cooked food, the tag is Bar & Food.

I'm going to edit the website now.

Someone else put an entry in for a place with just a city name and a comment that said "check it out." I'm doing this as a labor of love, but give me some data to work with please.

The list is really in its infancy, so the results are in full text and are posted here: http://www.arpaia.com/biker-friendly.html. Please keep the requests coming. I'd like to get a couple hundred HDforum experienced entries by the end of the year.

Last edited by MikeAKQJX; 09-28-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:27 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

What is "inappropriate content"?

Old 09-29-2015, 02:22 PM
BUZZARD II
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

All right, here's my nomination, Tuggles Gap Restaurant. Just off the BRP at Rt.8 appx. mm165.

Having said that and living next to Skyline Drive, I really avoid the "Biker Friendly" places here in VA. NC. & TN. That tends to mean overpriced and over rated.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:19 PM
MikeAKQJX
Advanced

Originally Posted by From_Behind
What is "inappropriate content"?
Foe me, it's content that has no business in a biker friendly listing. A year ago, I saw a listing and found out it was a pawn shop. I just don't see how that's an appropriate listing for a biker friendly list.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:40 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts

The Grill, Lone Pine, California. Try the pulled pork sandwich.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:07 PM
Perry um
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Jimbo's South Blomingville, Ohio. Great bar and grill. Is surrounded by great riding.

I tried to enter this into your site but it would not take my HD Forum name. I am not interested in entering my email address. I already get enough junk mail.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:33 PM
Whiskyjock
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 71 Posts

Konkolville Motel in Orofino Idaho. $60 for a clean room and a real breakfast (you gotta cook it yourself with their equipment) and $16 for a new York steak, baked spud and salad. (you gotta grill the steak yourself on their bbq). Oh yeah, swimming pool too. They also have old terry towels for washing your scoot.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:00 PM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 196 Likes on 141 Posts

6949 Heber Springs Rd N
Drasco, AR 72530

http://www.drascotradingpost.com
on Facebook as well

apparel, great spot to rest and fellowship. Bike supplies. Not sure how you would tag it. A crowd flows thru on weekends. closed mon and tuesday. Not sure if this is what you are looking for? But we stop by a lot on the Mt View, AR road.

Quick Reply: Best Biker Places Project