Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

2016 Trips

Old 12-29-2015, 10:03 AM
abart
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are taking a 10-day ride on our Ultra in June to West Yellowstone to try my hand at the Yellowstone Half-Marathon. The trip is in the early stages of planning and I have never been to that part of the country so I am reading all I can to figure out a ride plan. At this point, I figure riding in the Montana/Wyoming area a couple days then maybe head towards the Black Hills. Nothing in set in stone yet so I need to get it figured out soon!

Old 12-29-2015, 10:40 AM
Baddad1
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Late May , leaving Reno, NV , to the Black Hills. Down to Tulsa OK . Then follow what's left of 66 to Kingman Az . Vegas, then home through Yosemite. Plus a few other 2k milers through the summer-fall

Old 12-29-2015, 11:29 AM
jrrarr
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

3 of us planning to haul the bikes to Texas Hill country as soon as the weather is decent in the spring, late Feb-early March. Figuring a week of total time with 4+ days riding.

Girlfriend wants to visit some friends in Arkansas and Louisiana this spring so currently in the planning stage of hauling to Little Rock and then riding to NO. Figuring late Marchish.

Daughter lives in Nashville and my favorite August trip is a weekend in Nashville and 4-5 days in the Smokies.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:59 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Man I feel ashamed to even post mine after reading everyone else's!

But here we go....
The wife and I have a trip up to Couer d'Alene planned. Just get up there and go wherever we feel like while we are in the area. Tentatively have a stop by Washington & Montana planned as we've never been to either on the bikes. Never been to Montana period.

Plan B would be Colorado. I'm fine with either trip it's just up to the wife really.

Hell, I'm fine as long as we take a trip on the bikes! LOL

Old 12-29-2015, 02:38 PM
RANGERRICK
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a great trip planned this coming year the first time I have ever done this long of a trip let alone doing it on my Road King .
I have a five week bike trip starting out by myself .
Going to be leaving Alaska in July stopping in Seattle to pick up my brother and his Road Glide and continue heading on into Sturgis .
My wife and brothers wife will fly in for the week while we are in Sturgis , do the rally and the black hills .
The two wife's will fly back to Alaska and Seattle my brother and I will head on to Oklahoma and Texas to visit family .
We will leave there and head to Oregon to also visit family stopping in Seattle to drop my Brother off and I will make my way back to Alaska .
I am looking so forward to this trip .
EPIC

Old 12-29-2015, 02:53 PM
BigWaterJim
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 127 Posts

Trip 1: Feb. Ct-Fla. Ct to Key West, up to Naples over to West Palm area up to Daytona for 3 days of bike week then home. 2.5 weeks. If bad weather will ride auto train 1 or both ways.

Trip 2: may or June. Ct-Skyline-Blue Ridge Pky 10-14 days.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:12 PM
Grouser62
Road Captain
Received 525 Likes on 249 Posts

Laughlin River Run in early May; Colorado peaks in June; Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally in Oregon in July; Sturgis in August; Biketoberfest in Daytona in October. If all goes well it will be a great year.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:47 PM
CarrollB
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Tomorrow is my last day of work, I'm retiring so time will not be an issue this riding season. Planning a week in the Smoky Mountains and Chattanooga, TN area. May ride with some friends to Hatfield Field, Arkansas to attend a rally at CMA headquarters in June. Will be great to not have to plan a trip based on vacation time but just leave and return when I feel like it. Not on the bike, but planning an elk hunting trip with my step-son in SW Colorado in November.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Bricklayer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,754 Likes on 1,435 Posts

Will head to Sturgis for a week (Aug) to visit with some friends, then I'll see where else from there.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:37 PM
jcole
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AZ bike week
Laughlin River Run
Sturgis
PCH- top to bottom
(And if I can fit it in) Bikes Blues and BBQ's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 Trips