Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

2016 Trips

Old 02-01-2016, 08:52 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Planning very ambitious 10 day treck across the northeast US, hitting every state on the east coast up to Quebec and over to Detroit via Ontario, then back down to North Carolina. Going to use the auto yTrain to get from Florida to DC and back. Going solo and planning for a long time. Trying to think of every contingency, but times I'll tell. Can always bow out, ship bike home and fly back to Florida if it gets to much.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:16 PM
Baddad1
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
Man full schedule! Have you ever gone to the Hell's Canyon Rally? I have not but wouldn't mind trying it out.
The wife and I have been to Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally, ( HCMR ) the last four years running , and will be going up this year too . Great time , great roads , great people and town . I highly recommend it if you got the time .

Old 02-01-2016, 10:28 PM
The painter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 109 Likes on 57 Posts

This summer heading back out west. Starting in Md , va, Ky ,Ak, and on out to Albuquerque then Co on up to Sturgis, Iowa and Homeplanning 6 weeks.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Wander
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

1. 1000 mile Cannonball run in June here in Ontario

2. Kingston, ON out to the east coast including the Cabot trail, PEI and the Gaspe- 7-8 days

Old 02-02-2016, 08:05 AM
Shakin
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Auto-Train

Originally Posted by pccoder
Planning very ambitious 10 day treck across the northeast US, hitting every state on the east coast up to Quebec and over to Detroit via Ontario, then back down to North Carolina. Going to use the auto yTrain to get from Florida to DC and back. Going solo and planning for a long time. Trying to think of every contingency, but times I'll tell. Can always bow out, ship bike home and fly back to Florida if it gets to much.
I hope you go 1st Class on Auto-Train , if not your experience will be A Sad one !! As I worked on Railroad for 11 years , till they closed up the yard where I worked. In Alexandria, Va. We , as family took it 1 way from Sanford, Fla. to Lorton,Va. Went coach, people are PIGS , I asked one of the conductor'so and he said it's like that, sometimes, you just never know when. He said I should have pulled rank and moved up at No Charge. Am track never said anything to me about it. As I worked on one of the Main lines they ran on , I had pull. Lesson Learned. If you are going to Lancaster area, pm me . We go there alot. Lots to see and do .

Old 02-02-2016, 09:35 AM
Joe Mc
Banned
Received 230 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by pccoder
The Auto train, in my opinion is not worth it. First class is very expensive. You would be better off trailering the bike to a jump off point and put your vehicle in a storage area. I was lucky on one of my trips to have found a member on this site who offered storage for my truck and trailer.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:03 PM
jcr1800
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

See below!

Last edited by jcr1800; 02-05-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:25 PM
jcr1800
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

The painter where outside the beltway and what date will you be going? I was wondering if depending on who you are riding with maybe we could hook up and ride part of most of the trip together? What you are doing mirrors my trip other than date and maybe what you are planning on seeing or doing?!
Let me know! I am on a 15 Ultra Limited Low Radio Active Green!

Old 02-09-2016, 04:26 PM
BeefcakeBiker
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Trips

Anyone going to the annual Euro Festival?

Should be a good rally, judging by last year's event!

Last edited by BeefcakeBiker; 05-09-2016 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Hoser54
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leaving from Chicago and going through Glacier NP, up to Banff and riding the Canadian Rockies back down to yellowstone into Northern Colorado and heading back east.About 3 weeks we're thinking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 Trips