Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Gaspe Peninsula

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 04:02 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 5,989 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Dave,I thought the same thing [only 735 mile loop] but adding where I travel from and my other stops--i.e.: Acadia-Quebec City-Sherbrooke----it will add a few days to my trip--I've got 9-10 days figured in [left 12 days on my calendar for weather]--My wife is a photo nut so it slows us down a bit ,but I always enjoy her photo albums and videos she puts together later--Rocker

Old 01-31-2016, 04:06 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 5,989 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Like our Florida trip -----she,s got some Maine trips/Smokey mt /NIAGARA FALLS/ Pa-West Virginia/California-Nevada-Az. And more. Wish. I was in Key West NOW!!!!!!!

Last edited by Rocker NH; 01-31-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:21 AM
davedyna
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I hear ya Rocker. I was only comparing the 10 days they listed to the pace I would likely go. It would take me a day on either end to go back and forth as well so three- four on the Penn alone plus two and probably a day for some sort of bad weather. Adding Acadia and the old city, definitely 10 or more. Sounds like a great run. Recognize a lot of the pics in your FL pics. Definitely banged our heads along Duval Street and Bruce Rossmeyers place/Ormond/Daytona etc. You folk covered a bunch of ground on that trip.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts

Consider adding the Bay of Funday

Old 02-01-2016, 10:49 AM
davedyna
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ah, a perfect jump in Uncle Larry. was hoping someone could recommend a stop to see the bay of Fundy. I would like to walk out on some sand and race the tide in. Thinking Saint Johns area? Any recommendations for good lodging and a route? We are thinking about coming into NB via 9/1 and riding NB route 1 and occasionally dipping off for small rides along the coast time allowing. I will sacrifice ourselves to Route 95 to be able to make time on the first day to get somewhere between the border and Saint John. Appreciate any tips/thoughts. Cobalt Blue Bikes matter too :-) I do have one black one as well though (the Sportster).

Dave

Old 02-02-2016, 07:33 AM
easybiker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default July

Originally Posted by Rocker NH
Thinking of doing this in July.Looking for any advice/recommendations on motels-eats-must see areas . Planning on entering from northern Maine and doing the loop counterclockwise . Any riders here that have done this I would love to get some feedback .Probably have 12 days to do this---RockerNH

You may not want to go the last 2 weeks of July. The Quebec Gov. shuts down then and most Gov. employees are on vacation/holiday and hotel rooms are hard to get since Gaspe is a primary destination for Gov. employees and their families. Just thought I would let you know.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Zeus55
Road Master
Received 113 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by easybiker
You may not want to go the last 2 weeks of July. The Quebec Gov. shuts down then and most Gov. employees are on vacation/holiday and hotel rooms are hard to get since Gaspe is a primary destination for Gov. employees and their families. Just thought I would let you know.
Use to be true but not anymore, in general Quebecers take their vacations from July 15 to August 21 so now the vacation period is spread on 5 weeks.
I know many construction guys who take their vacation on the first 2 or 3 weeks of August.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:03 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker NH
Thinking of doing this in July.Looking for any advice/recommendations on motels-eats-must see areas . Planning on entering from northern Maine and doing the loop counterclockwise . Any riders here that have done this I would love to get some feedback .Probably have 12 days to do this---RockerNH
IMO there are a couple of must see sites

http://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/
http://www.tourisme-gaspesie.com/en/accueil.html

I would stay off the four lane and stick to the coastal roads through New Brunswick. There are several ferry crossing points across the St. Lawrence.

Hopewell Cape, NB

Shediac/Parlee Beach, NB - provincial camp ground is great, Point Du Chene Wharf is a bike hangout at night

Kouchibouguac National Park - good place to camp

Old 02-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Zeus55
Road Master
Received 113 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by fat_tony
IMO there are a couple of must see sites

http://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/
http://www.tourisme-gaspesie.com/en/accueil.html

I would stay off the four lane and stick to the coastal roads through New Brunswick. There are several ferry crossing points across the St. Lawrence.

Hopewell Cape, NB

Shediac/Parlee Beach, NB - provincial camp ground is great, Point Du Chene Wharf is a bike hangout at night

Kouchibouguac National Park - good place to camp

Old 02-03-2016, 07:02 PM
kcm210
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't want to hijack the thread but seeing how I posted the link for the Gaspe tour..
Here's another one - come visit Canada...we've got some amazing riding..and with your $ kicking the s**t out of ours, probably some awesome deals too..
(and no...I don't work for Tourism Canada lol)

http://cabottrailbiker.com/

Quick Reply: Gaspe Peninsula