Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Punta Cana here we come...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 07:46 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,339 Likes on 3,275 Posts
Default Punta Cana here we come...

Headed out in the AM to Dominican Republic....hope to have a great time....all inclusive adults only....whoo hoo , meeting my Sister and BIL there....

Old 01-28-2016, 07:50 PM
kcm210
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...how do you get the mc to ride on top of...or even under....the water?

Kiddingggggg

Have a great trip...Dominican is a great place....one of the fave spots for us heat-seeking Canadians...

Old 01-28-2016, 07:52 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

My sister n New Brunswick is itching to get there...It will be nice to see them , I haven't see the family since last summer when we drove up there ...

Old 01-28-2016, 08:42 PM
kcm210
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome....have fun..

Old 02-01-2016, 05:50 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

It is so freaking beautiful here.....I'm coming back....

Old 02-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

If anybody was thinking of going...GO....We stayed at the RIU Macao and it was awesome.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:07 PM
wkheathjr
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New here.. saw your post.. I am in Kinston NC.. not far from you.. and going to DR March 1-29th. My first trip. On average of DR currency, how much is domestic beer? Might rent a motorcycle and do a few days crossing country??

I secured 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment 2 blocks from Presidential Palace for $500 a month to be paid when I arrive there so should be a good area. Santo Domingo.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by wkheathjr
New here.. saw your post.. I am in Kinston NC.. not far from you.. and going to DR March 1-29th. My first trip. On average of DR currency, how much is domestic beer? Might rent a motorcycle and do a few days crossing country??

I secured 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment 2 blocks from Presidential Palace for $500 a month to be paid when I arrive there so should be a good area. Santo Domingo.
I am in Kinston at work but technically live in snow Hill because I am 1/2 mile past the county line...
My whole trip was all inclusive so I have no clue what anything costs outside the resorts... Be prepared for sticker chock on gas..$5.2-$6.00 or more per gallon.... Also keep everything secured... if you rent a bike, make sure you get insurance or have a secure place to park it...
It's really poor off resort and the infrastructure is lacking.. From what I could tell anyway..
Don't wear anything fancy or with Bling to attract the skanks and crooks. Don't drink the tap water... Use bottled water, drink plenty of water,
Bring plenty of your own sunscreen and small bug spray. You will see that it is a 3rd world country really quick...Not trying to scare you , just use common sense, get your money from ATM's during the day...
These people are poor so you know even in Kinston, poor people steal **** from other all the time so ...
Last but not least, if you are going to drive or ride a Motorcycle.... BE VERY CAREFUL... they do not obey traffic laws at all or barely.... see below, a link with some tips...

https://www.virtualtourist.com/trave...ic-TG-C-1.html

Last edited by Notgrownup; 02-10-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:34 PM
Dwill04
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enjoy!

I am in Kinston also and went to DR in 2014. Didn't stay in an all inclusive as we elected to stay in a more remote area, just out of a place called Samana. We spent 8 days there and loved every second of it. You will see plenty of bikes, although 98% of them will be mopeds and enduro type bikes. It is AMAZING what the locals can put on one of those bikes. I saw 5 people on a moped as well as one guy with his lady on the bike carrying a 100 lb. gas cylinder! Crazy!.......and that ain't the tip of the iceberg! I agree with Notgrownup, the infrastructure is poor and definitely DON'T DRINK THE WATER unless it's in a sealed bottle. Not sure about the beer, don't drink. Be careful, take plenty of pictures and have a blast!!

Old 02-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

I Got used to the Presidente beer, it was ok as long as it was cold...Any of you 2 ride with our group any, I ride with the Southern Cruisers out of Goldsboro but we have a few members from Kinston...

Quick Reply: Punta Cana here we come...