Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Old 05-25-2016, 03:45 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 430 Likes on 258 Posts

A beautiful bike in the best riding area in Canada...you got it made in the shade.
Wife and I have been there many times, hopefully again this summer. Can't beat quiet twisty mountain pavement.
I'll be watching for your posts

Old 05-25-2016, 09:06 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Very cool! Canada is on our list of must go trips. Love your bike also, Husband has a 2008 EG Std. in Sierra Red. Great bike.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:40 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,070 Likes on 8,907 Posts

Just a short ride this evening up to Kimberly. This is about 1/2 the way up. That's the Rocky Mountains across the valley.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:55 AM
94ruck
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Keep those pics a comin' Have enjoyed your posts and pictures for sure.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:24 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Default Saying so long to an old friend ....

Bear has been my best buddy and constant companion for close to 10 years. About three years ago, he developed a lump between his toes, and it was removed. It was cancerous and they got it all. About 18 months ago, he was diagnosed with lymphoma. The Vets said he would have about three months to live, but he was a trooper. He survived much longer. About three months ago, they said that the blood work showed that his kidney was shutting down and that it was probably cancer again.

I bought a camper several months ago, and this was going to be the summer of Bear. The plan was that him and I would spend the summer together exploring the country side for the summer, as I knew it would be lucky for him to make it to the fall. But his health got worse and worse. Two weeks ago today the Vet came to the house and helped to make the trip to the other side.

So, I have dedicated all of Darla's journeys this summer to him. It will still be "The Summer of Bear" and he will travel with me in my heart not only this year, for for all days to come.

So long OldBones, you are missed each and every day.

Journey well.....

There is nothing he loved more, than to climb up on the couch and sleep on his pillows.

The following 3 users liked this post by CanadianRocky:
beef706 (12-17-2019), lionsm13 (07-28-2019), Rufus13 (12-04-2023)
Old 05-26-2016, 11:14 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 776 Likes on 499 Posts

My condolences its hard when you lose such a true friend. I will try and follow you're journey this summer. Ride safe.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:50 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,284 Likes on 1,903 Posts

So sorry for your loss. True friends are so very hard to come by and how lucky you and Bear were to have had each other.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:57 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

So, it looks like Wed is now my depart date for my summer run. I still have a few things to organize personally and at work. At this point, all the plans I have are to ride towards Vancouver one way or another, then visit my daughter for the weekend, then over to Vancouver Island to visit my brother for a day or so. Then I will cross over to Washington on the Ferry to Port Angeles (I have done that in the opposite direction) and off down the coast towards San Fransisco. After that, then what ever happens happens. I am thinking of the Grand Canyon, Utah and Colorado, and then what ever.

I hate to post without a pict, so here is my favorite coffee watering hole in Cranbrook. It is Kootenay Roasting Company, and the coffee and atmosphere are great. Darla is beside my buddy Dons Glide. This was earlier this week.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:36 AM
MajorKG
Club Member

Received 615 Likes on 421 Posts

Looking forward to the journey! I live in the San Francisco Bay area, let us know when you are close, maybe we can share a cup of coffee and swap tales.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:40 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by MajorKG
Looking forward to the journey! I live in the San Francisco Bay area, let us know when you are close, maybe we can share a cup of coffee and swap tales.
When I am in the area I will make sure we make contact.

So, the bike is read and the bags are packed. The Staff have received their final instructions and the cable & internet have been canceled. My phone roaming plan is in place as is my travel Medical. Tomorrow I leave. The first stop is Nelson BC. I have a friend there that needs some moral support. A day or two there then I head to the coast.

Pictures and posts to follow.

I shall become a Motorcycle Bum.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....