Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 01:30 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,108 Likes on 8,922 Posts

Just when you think you got a plan, the plan changes. My youngest daughter is off on an extended medical leave, and as she is single, and she is not capable due to the illness to care for herself very well, I am in Vancouver until her mother (my X) gets here from Kuwait where she is working. As it happens, she will not be able to spend the summer here like she planned, so I wont be going on any extended Bike Trips at this point. I will see how the summer lays out, but at this time, all plans are delayed.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:55 PM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,304 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
Just when you think you got a plan, the plan changes. My youngest daughter is off on an extended medical leave, and as she is single, and she is not capable due to the illness to care for herself very well, I am in Vancouver until her mother (my X) gets here from Kuwait where she is working. As it happens, she will not be able to spend the summer here like she planned, so I wont be going on any extended Bike Trips at this point. I will see how the summer lays out, but at this time, all plans are delayed.
Your family is more interesting than my. Best wishes for your daughter, the childs mother and for you. I am disappointed, but not nearly so much as you.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:03 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 776 Likes on 499 Posts

Sorry to hear of your Daughters problems. Hope everything works out for you and your family.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:20 PM
tfi racing
Road Master
Received 401 Likes on 199 Posts

A very big step up from the last Chrysler built car I owned..... a K car....LOL
That's because it's a Fiat... They are sharp looking cars,hopefully they are much more reliable than their predecessors!

I hope all goes well for your daughter and you,there will be plenty of time to ride later,take care.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:22 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Wishing the best for you and your family with your daughter's issues. Take care of needs there and we'll look forward to hearing of Harley adventures later.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:37 AM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Sorry to hear of your family illness, be thankful you weren't 1500 miles away on two wheels when your help was needed!

Hope all goes well with your daughters recovery!

Old 05-11-2017, 11:58 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by jmorganroadglide
Your family is more interesting than my. Best wishes for your daughter, the childs mother and for you. I am disappointed, but not nearly so much as you.
Originally Posted by SWMB
Sorry to hear of your Daughters problems. Hope everything works out for you and your family.
Originally Posted by tfi racing
That's because it's a Fiat... They are sharp looking cars,hopefully they are much more reliable than their predecessors!

I hope all goes well for your daughter and you,there will be plenty of time to ride later,take care.
Originally Posted by mtgriz
Wishing the best for you and your family with your daughter's issues. Take care of needs there and we'll look forward to hearing of Harley adventures later.
Originally Posted by jdw1
Sorry to hear of your family illness, be thankful you weren't 1500 miles away on two wheels when your help was needed!

Hope all goes well with your daughters recovery!
Thanks for the well wishes. A dad had to do what a dad has to do.

I own a Fiat?? crap.....LOL.

I will get out there, put on some miles, gets some pictures and do my Duty!! Just not sure when and for how long at this point.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:53 PM
cobalt07
Road Master
Received 243 Likes on 152 Posts

like your 200. We are all Chrysler house now. New Pacifica, wife's Journey and ram 2500 No problems at all.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:04 PM
mike in dallas
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

Enjoyed this thread so far. looking forward to future pic's from your adventures.
all the best..................Michael

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (05-16-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 06:42 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Default A tale of Two Dogs....

If you read the first part of the thread last year you will know that Bear, my best buddy, passed about a year ago. I always had something that was his with me, and at the end of the season it was his blanket. Well, my daughter got a new puppy this year and I happened to have Bears Blanket with me when I was there, so naturally Atlas claimed it. Which is rightfully so, as it is and always was a dogs blanket. So, I knew I had to come up with something .....

Atlas on his "New" blanket.....

With "Grandpa" inside the vest on a cold and wet day .....

And Bear .... where he always was when we walked. Beside me, on the right.

And once again ..... ready for a Great Adventure

"Come on Big Dog, lets go"

The following 2 users liked this post by CanadianRocky:
mtgriz (05-21-2017), shortfuse223 (05-24-2017)

Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....