Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Lobster Run - Washing State to Maine, leaving in 42 days

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 11:20 AM
Dyna Dogg
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lobster Run - Washing State to Maine, leaving in 42 days

Hello All. I'm getting pretty siked about My summer run. From Washington to Maine. I have ridden in all but the New England States. My Son works in Maine so it's a good excuse to pick up the remaining un-ridden 48 States of My quest " To Ride All 50 " I will enter Canada at Marquette MI. Then back in the United States at Vermont. I have the Enhanced Drivers Licenses. Has anybody entered Canada using only the Enhanced Licenses ? Is that sufficient ? I know to have all the Scoots info & insurance proof. I will head to Maine for lobster dinner with My Son, then down to Providence RI, Sussex NJ, Lancaster PA . Then the return Ride is unscripted. I will spend a couple of days with My Son in Maine, but when I ride it's Sun up to Sun down. So what I get to see is from behind the bars. But that's the way I like it. As always any : WATCH OUT FORS, ENJOYED IT HERE. input appreciated. Happy Trails Folks.

Last edited by Dyna Dogg; 05-21-2016 at 11:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
hdsilster (05-23-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,967 Likes on 1,413 Posts

I don't know about the Enhanced Drivers License but I would also carry my passport any time I am out of the country, even to Canada. This is a weird world and I can't anticipate developments, so a passport with me would make sense.

As for the lobsters, hope you enjoy the delicacy. They were not always considered a delicacy. I read once that the prisoners in the jail in colonial Philadelphia rioted because they were being served nothing but lobster each day. I guess the jailers forgot the butter.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:06 PM
Vincewd
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Sound like fun

Old 05-21-2016, 01:37 PM
tfi racing
Road Master
Received 401 Likes on 199 Posts

Sounds like a great adventure,I have a BC enhanced licence and never had any issues getting into WA state and back again.You should give it a try at the Canadian border before you leave,I don't think you will have any problem.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:56 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,785 Likes on 18,560 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna Dogg
Hello All. I'm getting pretty siked about My summer run. From Washington to Maine. I have ridden in all but the New England States. My Son works in Maine so it's a good excuse to pick up the remaining un-ridden 48 States of My quest " To Ride All 50 " I will enter Canada at Marquette MI. Then back in the United States at Vermont. I have the Enhanced Drivers Licenses. Has anybody entered Canada using only the Enhanced Licenses ? Is that sufficient ? I know to have all the Scoots info & insurance proof. I will head to Maine for lobster dinner with My Son, then down to Providence RI, Sussex NJ, Lancaster PA . Then the return Ride is unscripted. I will spend a couple of days with My Son in Maine, but when I ride it's Sun up to Sun down. So what I get to see is from behind the bars. But that's the way I like it. As always any : WATCH OUT FORS, ENJOYED IT HERE. input appreciated. Happy Trails Folks.
I will enter Canada at Marquette MI. ... You'd better be a damn good swimmer :>)

Old 05-23-2016, 12:45 PM
Poppawhiskey
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds like you will ride US 2. If you have time, you can do Going to Sun Road in Glacier Park. As Uncle Larry pointed out, you will be quite challenged to enter Canada from Marquette. Really pretty university town, but no Canadian entry point. You probably meant Sault St Marie. Another side trip there would be to ride across "Big Mac", the Mackinac bridge, before you leave Michigan. Entering Canada: passport, no weapons, clean record, no problem. A route to consider after you go through Sudbury would be to drop South to Parry Sound, then east through Huntsville and Algonquin Park on Hwy 60. You would get back onto the Trans Canada/Hwy 17 at Renfrew. I have no suggestions past Ottawa, other than watch for bad drivers everywhere. Have fun!

Old 05-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Dyna Dogg
Advanced
Default Thanks for the replys

I probably should have added a few more words to the first post. Marquette is where I am stopping for the night. Then I will cross at Sault Saint Marie. If , for some reason I don't go to Canada, I will go through Michigan to Ohio. Then stop for the night. I try to do around 500ish miles a day. This direction adds about 250 miles to My journey. I will still be on schedule. I use the HD ride planner to plot My trip. Thanks for the replys.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:21 PM
Clayjenson
Tourer
Received 320 Likes on 128 Posts

When you departing?
I'm headed to Minnesota on hwy 2 early June

Old 05-23-2016, 09:35 PM
Dyna Dogg
Advanced

Heading out July 2nd. I will spend a couple days ( July 8th , 9th & maybe 10th ) with My Son in Rumford Maine. Safe travels My friend.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:03 PM
eeyore
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The lobsters have been calling to me as well. I'm pondering a trip to Yarmouth in June. Thinking of taking the high speed ferry to Muskegon - motorcycles ride free until June 14! - cross into Canada at Sarnia, take 401 to Kingston, back into the US and across north of Lake Champlain and down 302 until my front wheel gets wet. Should be three nights.

But I have a rule about trips. Can't come back the way I came and I'm having trouble finding a return route that isn't either really long or boring. Hoping this thread can give me some ideas.

My experience has been that crossing into Canadia is a piece of cake. It's coming back that can be less than pleasant.

Quick Reply: Lobster Run - Washing State to Maine, leaving in 42 days