Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Roadtrips

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 06:29 AM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,022 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Riding northern NH and then Maine coast Friday through Tuesday/they are calling for some rain but screw it ,winter was too long around here. Rocker

Old 05-24-2016, 08:42 AM
Chief2505
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Leaving Thursday after work heading for Nashville for the weekend! Will put a couple hundred miles on Thursday then wander through the back roads on Friday and stay with my brother Friday night and Saturday.

Will head home Sunday doing some more wandering of back roads. Have to be home Monday afternoon/evening sometime.

Hoping the weather is great but will deal with it as it happens!

Old 05-24-2016, 11:24 AM
rydeer
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Leaving tomorrow (Wednesday) Heading to Fla, Then New Orleans, then where the road takes me. Got 18 days!!!

Old 05-24-2016, 02:28 PM
silent1
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by robertwy
Where are the pics?

They're coming

Originally Posted by Rocker NH
Riding northern NH and then Maine coast Friday through Tuesday/they are calling for some rain but screw it ,winter was too long around here. Rocker
Suit up and ride out, man. It won't be long before the snowflakes fly again.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:47 PM
silent1
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by robertwy
Where are the pics?
Here https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-...f-silent1.html

Old 05-26-2016, 08:26 AM
redcar
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have already started my "Holiday" trip. Left Michigan last week, rode down to Naples for a few weeks,, to visit my buddy, get some sun and let the midwest weather calm down. Took a little time to ride the Dragon Tail on the way down. Then the outline is to head to Colorado for a few more weeks and spend some quality time with my daughter. Get to Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, ride the Rockies for a bit. Maybe, just, maybe return to Michigan in July some time. It's only an outline, wide open for where ever the rode takes me.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:49 AM
byronk
Road Captain
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by redcar
Have already started my "Holiday" trip. Left Michigan last week, rode down to Naples for a few weeks,, to visit my buddy, get some sun and let the midwest weather calm down. Took a little time to ride the Dragon Tail on the way down. Then the outline is to head to Colorado for a few more weeks and spend some quality time with my daughter. Get to Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, ride the Rockies for a bit. Maybe, just, maybe return to Michigan in July some time. It's only an outline, wide open for where ever the rode takes me.
Now this is what I look forward to doing when I retire..........Ride safe!

Old 05-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

I had a two-week road trip planned. To Missoula from Central California, stay a couple days with family, then go west and ride south on the PCH.
However, something came up and I can only allot one week.
So, from Fresno/Clovis west to the coast and start making my way north on the PCH, ending in Crescent City to hang out with a buddy for a couple days, then east to 395 south. Maybe turn west on 50 and go thru Lake Tahoe, or continue south on 395 to Tioga pass. It just opened a couple days ago.

I'm gonna relax and take my time, only doing about 200 miles each day on the way out. Stop frequently to take in my surroundings.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:58 AM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,967 Likes on 1,413 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Lawless
I had a two-week road trip planned. To Missoula from Central California, stay a couple days with family, then go west and ride south on the PCH.
However, something came up and I can only allot one week.
So, from Fresno/Clovis west to the coast and start making my way north on the PCH, ending in Crescent City to hang out with a buddy for a couple days, then east to 395 south. Maybe turn west on 50 and go thru Lake Tahoe, or continue south on 395 to Tioga pass. It just opened a couple days ago.

I'm gonna relax and take my time, only doing about 200 miles each day on the way out. Stop frequently to take in my surroundings.
And I just got back from exploring your area of central California and had a good ride through Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Nice area you have there.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Psycle
And I just got back from exploring your area of central California and had a good ride through Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Nice area you have there.
Thanks! I go there frequently. I've been impatiently waiting for the road to open deeper into Kings Canyon.

The central Sierra's are a rider's dream, criss-crossed with curvacious roads. They need to be respected as can thrill and they can kill.

Quick Reply: Roadtrips