Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Spring 2016 trip

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Shuebert
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Spring 2016 trip

Departing in the morning from SE Kansas for LA via Route 66 then up the coast have an appointment in Holister next week at Corbin for a new seat then on up the coast to SF over to Carson City to pick up US 50 back home almost 4000 miles

Old 05-26-2016, 09:31 PM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,967 Likes on 1,413 Posts

I'll wave if I see you when you pass through San Francisco. Seriously, let me know if you have any questions about the Bay Area. I hope you have a great ride. The weather is real nice here now.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:18 PM
iRider
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 1,384 Likes on 814 Posts

Ride Safe and ENJOY! Post some pics please!

Old 05-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Shuebert
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Michael Psycle
I'll wave if I see you when you pass through San Francisco. Seriously, let me know if you have any questions about the Bay Area. I hope you have a great ride. The weather is real nice here now.
Where would you recommend for lunch on Fisherman's Warf with close parking

Old 05-29-2016, 01:12 AM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member

First about parking near Fisherman's Wharf. There are two parking garages, one near Pier 39 ad the other near the Anchorage (another shopping center near the Cannery). They may have motorcycle spaces inside. There is street parking and you may find a place in the neighborhood between two driveways that's too small for a car. There may also be some motorcycle designated metered street parking that will be less expensive than for cars.

About where to eat. For something mid level and casual you might try the Boudin Bakery Cafe (upstairs). Most of the high end seafood restaurants are good. I've been to Scoma's and liked it.

This is the beginning of high tourist season so there will be a lot of people. But the Wharf is use to dealing with large crowds. It is a beautiful part of the city on the waterfront with a nice view of the Golden Gate, which is why it is so popular with tourists.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:39 AM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member

I just found out that there are three on street motorcycle metered parking places. The one you want is near the Dudley Perkins store on Taylor Street. DP has a clothes, etc, store in the Wharf area and there is some on the street motorcycle parking right near there. DP are good people.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:48 AM
Shuebert
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Michael Psycle
First about parking near Fisherman's Wharf. There are two parking garages, one near Pier 39 ad the other near the Anchorage (another shopping center near the Cannery). They may have motorcycle spaces inside. There is street parking and you may find a place in the neighborhood between two driveways that's too small for a car. There may also be some motorcycle designated metered street parking that will be less expensive than for cars.

About where to eat. For something mid level and casual you might try the Boudin Bakery Cafe (upstairs). Most of the high end seafood restaurants are good. I've been to Scoma's and liked it.

This is the beginning of high tourist season so there will be a lot of people. But the Wharf is use to dealing with large crowds. It is a beautiful part of the city on the waterfront with a nice view of the Golden Gate, which is why it is so popular with tourists.
Thanks. In LA now. Almost to the end of Route 66 then head north this afternoon

Old 05-31-2016, 01:54 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,922 Likes on 2,565 Posts

+1 on Scoma's went there for dinner last summer, if you dig seafood you will love this place. After that, MP has all the good Bay area advise. For us we stayed at the other end of town near Union Square and parked the bike in a garage next to hotel. Then we took the cable car to and from the Wharf, great experience.