Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Worst and best dealers on the road

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 10:34 AM
arthur
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Battle Born HD - Carson City NV

I was on a road trip from San Jose to Lassen National Park on my 2016 road glide special. Several months ago, I had an after market amp and speaker package installed. A few weeks back the connections vibrated loose and my guy reset them.

Cut to our return trip from Lassen where it happened again. So, on our way down from Lassesn we stopped here at about 3:00. We asked Clint if there was anyway they could pull the fairing and check the connections so we could have music on the way home as I was missing a required tool.

He was able to fit us in and the guys spent about 40 minutes on the bike. They checked all of the connections and zip tied the cables, clamping them so they'd stay put, something I wish the instructions and the installer would have included.

They rolled the bike out and said I was good to go, no charge. They knew I was traveling and would likely not be back and could have easily billed, no charge anyway.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:31 PM
Whiskyjock
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 71 Posts

Heading thru Michigan and Wisconsin the fuel line in my injected softail developed a pinhole. Bike ran like crap. Dealer in Duluth diagnosed the problem on the phone. They squeezed me in to get me back on the road. I had it towed and in the shop by 10 am the next day and was on the road by noon AFTER they had washed it. First class service when youre 2500 miles from home.
Havent really had a bad dealer that I can remember. Doesnt mean they are not out there.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:07 AM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 410 Likes on 219 Posts

I've been to too many good ones to mention them all. Dealer in Kamloops stands out though. Had trans output shaft bearing and seal failure (during Western Regional HOG rally). In the shop ant 6pm Saturday, on the road 9am Sunday.
Only one worst, Colorado Springs. Had front brakes that wouldn't work unless I pumped them up. Told me three days before they would even diagnose it. Left and four days later stopped in Flagstaff, tech rode out the parking lot to main road turned around and returned. Said bent rotor, hour later on the road perfect brakes.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:13 AM
Joe Mc
Banned
Received 230 Likes on 117 Posts

Both Timpanogos H-D Orem UT (2006)and Copper Canyon H-D Butte MT(2008) were most accommodating and put us to the front of the line stating that travelers receive first preference. Friendly folks, outstanding service.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:50 AM
DaveNBPT
Road Master
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

On a recent cross-country trip I had shifter linkage problems in a desolate area of AZ and had my bike flat-bedded to HD of Tucson. Although very nice people(and said they had fixed the problem), my shift lever dislodged two days later just outside of Memphis. I located the the next closest dealer(in the direction I was headed) and this turned out to be Abernathy's HD in Union City TN. Steve, the service manager was outstanding. I spoke with him at closing time and he gave me instructions for a "quick-fix" which got me to Union City where I stayed that night. The next morning I brought my bike in and they took care of the issue. No further problems all the way home to Mass.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:48 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,515 Likes on 1,302 Posts

I will second Chester's Grand Tetons and add Zion and Yellowstone.
Ours were minor issues, but in all three places the parts manager, the service manager or the owner made sure we were taken care.
Locally, we love the Lawless dealership. Very fair to everyone.
Twin Falls, ID, Washington, UT, Belgrade, MT, and Renton, WA