Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Good Place to eat in Maggie Valley

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 09:20 AM
Bodean46
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

A big thank you to everyone! Looks like Joey's will be the breakfast stop! Lol.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:34 AM
mrhensley
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple of years ago, the boys and I stopped at a place called Country Vittles. Not far from Wheels Through Time on the opposite side of the road. If memory serves it was next door to a place called Salty Dogs. We had fun at both places and they were a good group of folks. Enjoy the museum and the area...great riding out there!

AJ

Old 06-21-2016, 01:29 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhensley
A couple of years ago, the boys and I stopped at a place called Country Vittles. Not far from Wheels Through Time on the opposite side of the road. If memory serves it was next door to a place called Salty Dogs. We had fun at both places and they were a good group of folks. Enjoy the museum and the area...great riding out there!

AJ
I think I have eaten at Vittles before. It's family style and the little ole ladies in there will make you so stuffed you will be looking for a nap instead of a ride. Joey's is extremely popular and good. Those should keep you covered for breakfast. Lunch and dinner there are a few good places.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:44 PM
capttawes
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Mrs. and I spent a week there last year staying at The Jonathan Creek Inn (great place) which is across the street from Joeys so we obviously loved that for breakfast. I'd recommend Snappys Italian rest. for dinner, good food and big portions.
Never went to the WTT museum though it's quite popular I hear, just was not our thing with so much riding elsewhere to do. We spent every day riding in every direction from the smokies,BRP, Asheville, Dragon, Tennessee, Waynesville etc..

Old 06-23-2016, 07:26 AM
Lude-a-tick
Road Master
Received 529 Likes on 290 Posts

Just returned home from the area stayed three nights at A Holiday Motel (highly recommended), next door there is a restaurant called "Pops" that is family run. If you like homemade cooked to order food this is the place. Someone posted Country Vittles earlier, ok but not home made.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:14 PM
davedyna
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Country Vittles is good for breakfast (cannot speak to other). J Arthurs was good for dinner as was a place called Moonshine Grill (I have seen conflicting reports from others :-) ). I don't know of any "can't miss" type of place in Maggie for eating but hear there are some good places up the road in Waynesville as well.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:00 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,931 Likes on 2,569 Posts

I have been reading this thread and I forgot about my favorite place in MV, the Mountaineer up the hill on the way to Cherokee. Back deck, best view of the vally and biker friendly.

https://www.facebook.com/Mountaineer...1704020272978/

Old 06-29-2016, 02:42 PM
BigMike17
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by quickbiscuit
I ate at Butts on the Creek (BBQ) a few weeks ago and wasn't impressed. Parking lot is not what I would call motorcycle friendly either.
I have to agree - parking lot is not MC friendly and the food was so so - there was a place down the road we were not impressed with either - Farmhouse Restaurant...service was ok but the food, nothing special.

Joey's for breakfast is always good -

Old 07-01-2016, 04:51 AM
Cousy
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

I've finally found a good restaurant near MV! Technically in Waynesville, but it's only a 10-15 minute ride and well worth it. It's called the Haywood Smokehouse - probably the best BBQ I've had outside of Memphis and Kansas City. Pork and brisket were both excellent. Lots of good sauces to try. I'll be eating there from now on when I'm in MV!

Old 07-01-2016, 06:07 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,931 Likes on 2,569 Posts

You just made me very, very hungry

Quick Reply: Good Place to eat in Maggie Valley