Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Making the seat more comfortable

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 09:41 PM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,304 Likes on 1,343 Posts

I tried the gel prior to purchasing my Corbin. I think the gel was a complete waste. Never tried the sheepskin or beads. Try which ever one is most economical.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:54 PM
PeterV
Tourer
Received 168 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Grandslam
I thought a sheepskin was hot. I just bought one of the HD seat cushion that is supposed to allow airflow. I will be putting my beads back on.
Just got back from Yellowstone, it was plenty hot out there, xcept for our butts, they stayed cool, thanks to the sheepskin..one of nature's wonders, haha

Old 07-18-2016, 02:58 PM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Another vote for a backrest. Nothing I have added to my bike has extended my riding time more than a backrest.

Another big improvement was switching to Under Armour underwear. They are seamless, skin tight and slippery, and good at wicking moisture away. They significantly cut down on discomfort with the tender bits. I get the mid-thigh length and I love them. I've tried knock-off brands and the UA brand is much more comfortable and durable. Don't compromise on comfort. I have several pair that are now 4 years old and look like new.

Another thing you can do that might help is to have your handle bars adjusted. Poorly adjusted handle bars can cause back pain too.

The following 2 users liked this post by keith_stepp:
BigDogIdaho (07-25-2016), Eggman1 (08-10-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 09:19 PM
JeremyHagen68
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 269 Likes on 268 Posts

I have a saddleman pad and a sheepskin from Alaska leather and I love both of them. the sheepskin is on all the time and when my but gets tired I throw the saddleman pad on under the sheepskin. both weren't that bad for price. theres a thread on here about Alaska leather and how you can get a discount. they were great to work with. I have to agree also that the more time you spend on it there more you get use to just your seat. Good Luck

Old 07-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Rathgar
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The backrest has allowed me much extended riding time and I'm going to order a sheepskin. Need to try the UA and see how that works, my biggest discomfort is the left nut, sometimes I feel like my ***** are hanging like Bad Gramdpa in the strip joint scene.
The Under Armor help with that?

Old 07-24-2016, 04:34 PM
Perry um
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Another airhawk vote, only a bit of air works best. Can ride all day with no problems now.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:21 PM
Nitro 54
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

My RGU seat took about 4000 miles to break in. Just did 3535 in 8 days with some approaching 600 in one day and my back side did just fine.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:01 PM
MajorKG
Club Member

Received 615 Likes on 421 Posts

I have the HD circulation pad, works great! Stopped my money butt immediately.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts

Not gonna mention backrest (Oops, guess I just did!) because I saw that you already have one. I also got one of those air flow cushions from a Harley dealer, and it helps with padding as well as air flow. Plus, take it off when you don't need it. Easy. Just a strap that goes under the front of the driver's seat.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:06 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by keith_stepp
Another vote for a backrest. Nothing I have added to my bike has extended my riding time more than a backrest.

Another big improvement was switching to Under Armour underwear. They are seamless, skin tight and slippery, and good at wicking moisture away. They significantly cut down on discomfort with the tender bits. I get the mid-thigh length and I love them. I've tried knock-off brands and the UA brand is much more comfortable and durable. Don't compromise on comfort. I have several pair that are now 4 years old and look like new.

Another thing you can do that might help is to have your handle bars adjusted. Poorly adjusted handle bars can cause back pain too.
This ^^^

Quick Reply: Making the seat more comfortable