Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Key West Bound

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Eggman1
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Key West Bound

My gf and I are in the planning stages of a trip from St. Louis to Daytona to the Keys, returning through Baton Rouge mid October. We currently plan on Daytona Biketoberfest for a couple of days. Then moving on. Thinking about adding Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway for the ride down.

Any suggestions as to what not to miss?

Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
Nmack12 (10-08-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 12:01 PM
Chekoz77
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Eggman1
My gf and I are in the planning stages of a trip from St. Louis to Daytona to the Keys, returning through Baton Rouge mid October. We currently plan on Daytona Biketoberfest for a couple of days. Then moving on. Thinking about adding Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway for the ride down.

Thanks.
I am on your way to the keys. Give me a shout when you hit Palm Beach County if you wanna meet up for lunch or something. Hell, depending on what I have going on I would be up for riding down to the Keys with you.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Eggman1
Cruiser

Anything is possible.

Old 08-03-2016, 03:00 PM
HDriderDave1
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I absolutely love the trip to Key West Cant wait til March for our next trip. I don't think a BRP and Skyline ride would really fit in this trip unless you have plenty of time. Needless to say, what an awesome trip it would be! Ride safe and enjoy your trip no matter what you do.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:44 PM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

Last couple of years I've went down to the Keys last of February and have had perfect weather ������

Old 08-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

It is on my bucket list ...I am thinking of trailering to homestead and riding down or to Marathon...

Old 08-04-2016, 06:30 AM
rydeer
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Like HDRIDERDAVE has said Skyline and Blue ridge will really slow You Down. Especially Skyline. You can Jump off 81 and do sections of the Blue ridge if You are so inclined.
The Keys are fun. The coast road (98) Toward Baton Rouge is a nice ride.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:24 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 790 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by Eggman1

Thanks.
That is a huge territory to cover.
It would be rather difficult to provide useful information without some variables being included.
For example do you have 1 week or a month?
Do you camp or hotel?
Do you enjoy back roads or do you wish to just reach a destination?
Do you ride 100 miles a day or 500 miles a day?
Just an idea for you to research but Skyline Drive and northern part of Blue Ridge Parkway would seem out side of such a loop.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:49 PM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

I love the keys, i dived all along the way, key largo, marathon, isle marada, marathon, key west. I did this in my truck (because it was a dive trip). Anyway if i were going today, its going to be hot, so besides the sun screen, hydration, bring plenty of your zeka spray.

Enjoy the ride.

Last edited by 68 XLCH; 08-06-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:54 AM
Eggman1
Cruiser

As of now, I have two weeks of vacation. We're going to hit DC for the weekend. Roll out to the Skyline Drive and a part of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I'm sure its worth the ride, but we have other places to go. We'll head over to the coast and head to Biketoberfest for a couple days. Then its off to the Keys. Back up along the coast up to Atlanta, Nashville, St Louis.

As far as our riding style goes, I'm good for about 600 in a day, the gf says she can do whatever I can. We're going to take a weekend trip and see just how many miles she can handle...lol.

Quick Reply: Key West Bound