Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

New Hampshire.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 10:22 AM
rydeer
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just got Back. Mt Wash was Closed to Bikes due to Mud and 78 MPH winds. I found this great road in N. Conway called "Hurricane MTN. Road. It was short, but a lot of fun.
The Kank is nice, But short also. Stopping and enjoying the view it is only an Hour.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:30 PM
davedyna
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Its always struck me as odd that the Kanc ends in Lincoln when it really should be all of the road going from Conway to 302 through Lost River (which is all route 112). You are indeed in an excellent location to do a bunch of good rides. Is Portland part of the two days you have available or, in addition to, as there are a number of nice lighthouses in the area? South of Portland in York area is Nubble Light/Cape Neddick Light (both names are commonly used) but if you only have a couple days you will be covering some serious ground just to do the notches and head to Portland and back. If you go to Hurricane Mountain road (see Rydeers post) out of North Conway and over to Evans Notch (N on 113) you will dip in and out of Maine heading to route 2 thus bagging your state officially while not having to spread out as far. When you come back for another ride, hit the lighthouses and maybe Acadia/Mount Desert Island/Bar Harbor in Maine...
Just a thought.

Enjoy the planning

Dave

Old 08-24-2016, 12:52 PM
tmultra
Road Warrior
Received 593 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by davedyna
Its always struck me as odd that the Kanc ends in Lincoln when it really should be all of the road going from Conway to 302 through Lost River (which is all route 112). You are indeed in an excellent location to do a bunch of good rides. Is Portland part of the two days you have available or, in addition to, as there are a number of nice lighthouses in the area? South of Portland in York area is Nubble Light/Cape Neddick Light (both names are commonly used) but if you only have a couple days you will be covering some serious ground just to do the notches and head to Portland and back. If you go to Hurricane Mountain road (see Rydeers post) out of North Conway and over to Evans Notch (N on 113) you will dip in and out of Maine heading to route 2 thus bagging your state officially while not having to spread out as far. When you come back for another ride, hit the lighthouses and maybe Acadia/Mount Desert Island/Bar Harbor in Maine...
Just a thought.

Enjoy the planning

Dave
Portland is part of the two days. It's actually a four day trip but two days will be traveling from and back to Pennsylvania. I will definitely plan another trip at some point to do just Maine. I've been wanting to go to Baxter state park for a long time too as I'm a lover of the Appalachian trail. So sometime I have to see the ending point of it. It won't be this trip but sometime in the future. So far for this trip the weather is looking pretty good.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:47 PM
Settertude
Cruiser
Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

A semi hidden gem is Route 153.
Pick it up in Conway near the junction of 16 and 113 and head south.
Lots of choices from there, but its a gorgeous twisty hilly ride and much was recently re-paved.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:55 PM
tmultra
Road Warrior
Received 593 Likes on 190 Posts

Up here enjoying this beautiful country right now. Here is a tease of the pics to come.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:19 AM
Settertude
Cruiser
Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

I joined the forum last year and then forgot all about it.

Memory isn't what it used to be--not much is.
:-)

Lots of good roads to ride in NH.